We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somewhere to eat near the port

Maynooth, Ireland
Level Contributor
57 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Somewhere to eat near the port

Hi All,

We will have a couple of hours to kill before our first ferry to Serifos at the start of September and are looking for somewhere nice and relaxed that we can spend a few hours in, have something to eat and maybe a few drinks.

Ideally we would like to be within a 10 minute walk of the port (unless we're on a beach the afternoon heat really gets to us poor Irish!!). I've done some googling but haven't really found anything. We don't want anything high end but at the same time we want to spend our first few hours in Greece somewhere nice and easy going with a good food and drinks menu! Does such a place exist so close to the port?

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Somewhere to eat near the port

In Piraeus a few minutes walk from the metro; there is a normal and pleasant taverna on the dock/large pier jetting seawards between dock gates 7 and 8 . Used it a couple of years ago and it was OK. Another idea would be to take a cab to the Zea Marina (5/10 minutes depending on traffic) a little more expensive , just have a drink and an omelet perhaps. Good views of very large and expensive cruisers flying flags we can't recognise .

There are of course plenty of reasonable snack bars etc by the metro station.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Somewhere to eat near the port

Take a look at Stoa Rakadiko - after doing some research we planned to go there when we had an afternoon in Piraeus before the ferry to Syros a couple of years ago. Never actually got there due to a late flight arrival followed by a long bus trip through the Friday afternoon Athens traffic - only just made our ferry!

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Somewhere to eat near the port

Or you can head to O'Connell's for a quiet one! http://oconnells.gr

Maynooth, Ireland
Level Contributor
57 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Somewhere to eat near the port

Thanks everyone!

I had actually found O'Connell's online when I posted this - reviews looked good for this place, would probably prefer something a bit more Greek for our first day there!

Stoa Rakadiko looks great, will definitely take another look at the reviews etc. online. Counting down the days until our holiday!

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
12,167 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Somewhere to eat near the port

I was at Stoa Rakadiko yesterday as it happens, do give it a try, I think it will like it! I was only going to take a break from my walk with a coffee, but I was so hot I decided on having lunch, so went there instead of the coffee place I had planned :)

Edited: 17 July 2017, 09:14
msida-malta
Level Contributor
3,227 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Somewhere to eat near the port

We will give this place a try ... look ok with good prices rakadiko.gr/new/…rakomezedes-menu-2

7. Re: Somewhere to eat near the port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2018, 02:18