We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hellenic Seaways- VIP tickets

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Hellenic Seaways- VIP tickets

Hello, I have purchased economic tickets on Hellenic seaways for 2 adults and one toddler.

With no seat reservation, I wanted to know can i purchase the VIP tickets before boarding the ship or maybe once aboard. Kindly advise, as my trip is next week. Tia

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
6,788 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Hellenic Seaways- VIP tickets

After boarding go to the reception counter on board for upgrading.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
14,014 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Hellenic Seaways- VIP tickets

Hi,

Which specific ferry is this ?, if it's a fast Catamaran the Economy is all booked seats for the adults.

If it is a Conventional ferry it's a find an empty seat scenario.

Boston...
Level Contributor
492 posts
46 reviews
3. Re: Hellenic Seaways- VIP tickets

Possibly a conventional ferry as the seacats usually have a seat number on ticket.

So as said above grab a seat or see the purser to upgrade, which is quite easy to do.

Edited: 13 August 2017, 11:17
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Hellenic Seaways- VIP tickets

Hi, i think it is a fast one not very sure. It departs Athens at 07.15 am and reached Santorini at 12:40

Do all Economy tickets come with a reserved seating? I was told we have to sit wherever any place vacant.

I have booked tickets through a travel agent.

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
6,788 posts
24 reviews
5. Re: Hellenic Seaways- VIP tickets

It is indeed a highspeed, the Hellenic Highspeed, for which you have tickets. There are only 2 categories: Economy and VIP-table.

You can see the difference between them on the 360 tour of the vessel here: https:/…hellenic-wind

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
14,014 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: Hellenic Seaways- VIP tickets

In that case assuming the Hellenic Highspeed then Economy is a booked seat, no worries.

That is a fast monohull type of ferry.

Higher classes is more cost for just a better seat, slightly wider spacing however Economy is good, so again no worries..

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: Hellenic Seaways- VIP tickets

Thank you Nicksy for your reply, the images look great, but which is the seating for the economy.

@ Retired Hippy- Thanks for your reply. The travel agent told me there is no seat number. I was only worried as i have read reviews that the ship can get really really crowded.. so was wondering if could purchase VIP tickets.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
14,014 posts
15 reviews
8. Re: Hellenic Seaways- VIP tickets

Not all travel agents are familiar with the various Greek ferries and the variety is vast, as is the seating arrangements. It maybe just a sales technique to sell you a more expensive seat.

The Economy is basically the lower of the two decks looking at the outside, and apparently the centre in the upper lounge.

The VIP left and right are on the 360 views. As you can see just marginally better seating.

The seat numbering is also on view in the Economy seating, etched on the arm rests.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
9. Re: Hellenic Seaways- VIP tickets

@Retired hippy- Yes you were right the hellenic seaways comes with seat numbers. Just confirmed the same with the travel agent, but they have no idea if it is a window seat etc :(

10. Re: Hellenic Seaways- VIP tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2018, 00:17