We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suitable for young couple?

Which Agios Nikolaos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Suitable for young couple?

I visited Agios Nikolaos about twelve years ago as a pre teen with family, and thought it was a lovely, pretty place. Now in early twenties, I'm looking for somewhere for myself and my boyfriend to go for a week this summer, would love to go back there, but just wanted to know what it was like now? We don't really want anywhere too clubby or mega lively, but would like plenty of nice bars and places to eat.

Thanks.

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
10,790 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suitable for young couple?

Hi there

Agios is still as pretty :-) I dont think that you will see that many changes from the last time you were there, perhaps a few new tavernas and few others closed down, some bars have changed their names etc.

There are three main tourist bars that play music and open until very late, and of course lots of Greek bars too - there are a couple of clubs but again these arent tourist clubs but Greek clubs so open all year, and still a great selection of tavernas as well.

If you would like any more info on accomodation then please just let me know.

Edited: 01 March 2012, 17:04
Liverpool, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Suitable for young couple?

Sounds perfect for us. Do you have any recommendations for accommodation please? We would like to spend about £500/550 max each on flights and hotel, would like to be in walking distance to Ag Nik, no more than a twenty minute walk preferably, and B&B or self catering.

Thanks for your advise and for getting back to me so quickly.

Edited: 02 March 2012, 17:28
3. Re: Suitable for young couple?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2013, 05:23
Get answers to your questions about Agios Nikolaos