We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which islands to visit, next to Mykonos

Eindhoven, The...
5 posts
Save Topic
which islands to visit, next to Mykonos

Hello!

This september we are going to combine Athens with the Cyclades.

We want to go to Mykonos and want to combine this with 1 or 2 other islands. In total we have 11 days for the Cyclades.

First we were thinking to go from Athens to Syros, then to Paros and from Paros to Mykonos and from Mykonos back to Athens. But the traveltime from Mykonos back to Athens is quite long by normal boat. And because of the fact I get airsick (and maybe also seasick) I want to be able to sit outside on the boat and I have been told that you cannot sit outside on the fast boats.

So next plan is to go from Athens to Syros, from Syros to Mykonos and from Mykonos to Tinos and from Tinos back to Athens.

But Now I am reading about Andros and that sees quite interesting as well.

What would you suggest?

We like a typical Greek kind of island, great scenery and nature and beaches. As we are not sure if we are goning to rent a car, good public transport would be nice.

Any kind of your advice is welcome. Thanks a lot!

Best

Christel

3 replies to this topic
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which islands to visit, next to Mykonos

Are you flying to/from Athens?

Some of the islands have airports (including Mykonos) so that might be something to consider ?

Canton of Bern...
Level Contributor
187 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which islands to visit, next to Mykonos

How about Mykonos, Tinos, Andros? All on the same ferry route with Rafina. Tinos and Naxos pretty authentic islands with great beaches. Not sure about public transport there, a car on bigger islands is always an advantage I would say...

Eindhoven, The...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: which islands to visit, next to Mykonos

Hi,

Tnx for your reply.

We will be leaving from Athens, Paleo Faliro (we are combining this with some friends we are visiting), so very close to Pireaus but not so close to Rafina.

Going directly to Rafina from the airport is an option to consider, but we also have some luggage with us we want to leave in Athens.

Flying would be an option but is quite expensive :-(

I am now reading topics about which boats are best to take to avoid sea sickness.

Tnx again!

Christel

Reply to: which islands to visit, next to Mykonos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted