We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit in August to greek islands

Madrid
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visit in August to greek islands

Hi there! I would some advise on my trip to greece this August! I will go 4 days to Santorini and I would like to choose 2 more islands, 4 days in each one. I am going with my boyfriend and looking for paradise sandy beaches, romantic sights and if possible quiet but with restaurants and bars to go out. What do you recommend? I was thinking about Fogelandros..but what could be my thrid choice? I am sooo excited about this trip :)

Thanks so much for all the help that you can give me

athens
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit in August to greek islands

you could try Anafi. It 's 1 h and 30 from Santorini. Quit with traditional restaurants and sandy beaches

La Rochelle
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit in August to greek islands

Milos has the most fantastic beaches - but make sure you book accommodation in advance.

Madrid
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit in August to greek islands

thanks. Does anyone has a nice hotel/apartment in Milos or Anafi?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,942 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit in August to greek islands

folegandros is great.......you have many options...after....i will agree with tinsie.....milos is great.......serifos,sifnos lovely too....

so.....here are some suggestions

milos for its great beaches

sifnos for its great landscape,local cuisine

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,942 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visit in August to greek islands

here is an official site of the island where you can chooce accomondation and place to stay

www.milos-island.gr/milos-apartments.html

Madrid
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Visit in August to greek islands

Thanks to everyone!

another question: I am thinking about making Santorini, Milos & naxos, 4 days in each place...do u think that I have chosen the right days to visit each? Does anyone knows Naxos?? Were should I stay in naxos & Milos?

Thanks again!!!!!!!

Shropshire England
Level Contributor
410 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Visit in August to greek islands

Hi Greekfan

Naxos is a great island to stay with super beaches and mountain villages to explore. You can stay in the town or one of the villages on the south coast beaches.

I am a little concerned about your travel between the islands. You can get a ferry from Santorini to Milos but I am not sure about Milos to Naxos direct or even via the nearby island of Paros and changing boat.

As the advise from Tinsie for Milos seems to be to book accommodation in advance you need to be sure you dont waste to much time on ferries.

Perhaps Gas has some up to date local knowledge ?

Mikri

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,942 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visit in August to greek islands

well it would be difficult.....naxos to santorini is a peace of cake.....naxos to milos or milos to santorini here is the problem......but as i now there is a connection with santorini..so you will not have any problem..this is a special ferry route during summer

During the summer there are also services which connect Milos with Ios, Sikinos, Folegandros, Santorini and Crete and to the islands of the eastern Cyclades.

There are also daily departures of High Speed ferries.

i dont know a specific place to stay at milos..the site i have give you it has dozens of hotels-rooms-apartments......

att Naxos check these ideas

http://www.hotelgrotta.gr

http://www.kavos-naxos.com

http://www.villa-marandi-naxos.com

naxos is lovely island...as for 4 days to each island....naxos-santorini-milos..i foind your schedule more than great!!!!!

Shropshire England
Level Contributor
410 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Visit in August to greek islands

Hi Gas

I am fairly sure there is a ferry santorini-Milos in August but Milos to Naxos is problem, May need to go via santorini and get connection there.

What do you think?

Mikri

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,942 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visit in August to greek islands

it would be better to go to naxos first and then to santorini -milos.......so you will not have problem; )))