We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Amorgos from Naxos

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
679 posts
84 reviews
Day trip to Amorgos from Naxos

Hi.. hubby and I are planning a 3 week trip to Greece in August, staying in Naxos for 10 nights, (Alkyoni hotel) planning on doing day trips, one of them is in Amorgos island. My question is will I have enough time to visit the Monastery of Hozoviotissa, the shipwreck and exploring the island?

I have not verified the ferry schedules but I am assuming they depart in the morning (2 hrs journey) and return late afternoon!

What is the distance between both?

Should we rent a scooter?

We are both Greek, born in Greece now live in Canada, so getting around for us is not a problem and we have been to other greek islands, first time in Naxos!

Thank you any info is appreciated:)

17 replies to this topic
concord nh
Level Contributor
4,333 posts
54 reviews
11. Re: Day trip to Amorgos from Naxos

Amorgos deserves several days to experience and enjoy what a truly Greek Island is all about. I agree with Donny that a day trip is really not worth the effort from Naxos for a day trip.

Amorgos is one of the last of the Greek Islands that still retains a lot of Greek tradition with some of the best villages, sea-side towns, archeological/historic sites and some of the best tavernas serving real Greek Food.

If there is any way to alter your schedule make sure you spend at least 3 days on the island of Amorgos.

And if you have more time get to the small, out-of-the-way island of Astypalea which has one of the most beautiful Choras in the Aegean and some of the best tavernas serving some of the best Greek Food in the country!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
679 posts
84 reviews
12. Re: Day trip to Amorgos from Naxos

Hey 👋 happy to announce we have extended our stay to a month..wow, that was easy!!

so we added 4 days in Amorgos, working with my travel agent with our new itinerary.

So now everyone is happy 😊 😁

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
14 reviews
13. Re: Day trip to Amorgos from Naxos

Hi, The Monastery of Hozoviotissa is open to visitors 0800 to 1300 and 1700 to 1900 daily. And there is a dress code. you need to allow a couple of hours for your visit. The views are spectacular. Also Chora is very nice to visit with some lovely Tavernas for lunch only 5 min by bus or 40 min walk. We spent 4 days on the island in June, It is special.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
679 posts
84 reviews
14. Re: Day trip to Amorgos from Naxos

Hi Ianw1959246. Yes, I'm aware and Thank you for the information just the same.

Would also like to mention in 2 - 3 weeks I will be booking my one day private excursion with Captain Panos to Koufonisia Island 🌴 . Does antone have anything to add? Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
553 posts
267 reviews
15. Re: Day trip to Amorgos from Naxos

Great info guys. Glad I have allowed 5 nights here for my trip to Greece...The most complicated part of our whole trip will be getting to Santorini from Amorgos without having to do an expensive milk run (fast boat) or an all day ferry ride thru Naxos. Will have to wait and see what the ferry schedules come up with for next June...

san isidro bs as
Level Contributor
228 posts
1 review
16. Re: Day trip to Amorgos from Naxos

You know a lot about Greece, can you help me make the journey? Are the number of days chosen by each city correct? would begin in Athens on 04/05/2018: Athens 3 days, Mykonos 3 days, Paros 2 days, Naxos 2 days, Santorini 3 days

I was interested in doing day trips in Naxos but I do not think the days of departure coincide with me, do you think I can get there? per web they specify that they do not have daily departures

It would be a pity if I can not do them, can you help me organize? Thank you!

naxos island
3 posts
17. Re: Day trip to Amorgos from Naxos

Dear friend

During the August is a daily cruise to Amorgos from Naxos.

The program we will know it at May.

So. you can sent an e-mail at Info@naxossun.gr and will inform yyou about the day and the time departure.

Regards

Spyyros Manolas

Reply to: Day trip to Amorgos from Naxos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted