We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late bus from Katapola to Aegiali?

Conwy, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Late bus from Katapola to Aegiali?

Have visited both places previously, but in June 2018 we are visiting as a group of 6, some of whom have never been to Amorgos before. We want to be based in Aegiali, but getting to Amorgos on a Saturday will probably mean the Seajet from Naxos into Katapola. So, can we transfer to Aegiali by bus in the evening?

Bus schedules sites I've seen on the web only show the current period (late September) - so, does anyone know/have the schedules that were valid in mid-June?

Mentioned in this post
Aegiali
Aegiali
Amorgos, Greece
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Katapola
Katapola
Amorgos, Greece
11 replies to this topic
Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese
Level Contributor
4,105 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late bus from Katapola to Aegiali?

If you've arranged your accommodation already, I would expect the owners to pick you up. Try asking them.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,751 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late bus from Katapola to Aegiali?

Late September will do for June buses.

Some Rooms for Rent places seem to have an arrangement with minibuses operated by other hotels in Egiali.

Why not the 'Express Skopelitis' to Egiali on Sat. Sundays is when it does it's Santorini/Ios round trip.

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Ios
Ios
Cyclades, Greece
Conwy, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Late bus from Katapola to Aegiali?

Thanks both. Not sure the first-timers could take 5 hours on the Skopelitis! I have a hotel in Aegiali in mind where we stayed in 2016, so will ask them re being picked up, as you suggest.

Mentioned in this post
Aegiali
Aegiali
Amorgos, Greece
Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
1,010 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late bus from Katapola to Aegiali?

Accommodation people in Aegiali are increasingly reluctant to pick people up in Katapola. I do not know why. I am not sure whether this is because of the authorities. If there are 6 of you, I would suggest to the place that your are staying in lovely Aigiali that you will only stay if they provide a transfer, For 6 people, this a very reasonable request at this time of year, when things are quiet and buses sporadic.

In late June this year there was a 1300 Blue Star ferry to Katapola from Naxos.

Mentioned in this post
Aegiali
Aegiali
Amorgos, Greece
Katapola
Katapola
Amorgos, Greece
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Wales
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late bus from Katapola to Aegiali?

I have buses for 2017. From 15/05/17 - 18/06/17 from Katapola - 0945 & 1630. From 19/6 - 16/7 - 0945, 1200, 1400, 1630 & 2000. We have stayed with Thanasis in Langada & he picks us up from & back to Katapola. Lovely village .

If you are a walker & you haven't walked to Stavros DO IT.

Dave ( from Aberystwyth by the way)

Mentioned in this post
Katapola
Katapola
Amorgos, Greece
Conwy, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Late bus from Katapola to Aegiali?

Thanks Dave. 4 of us were in Aegiali in 2016 and did some walking, but our friends are bigger walkers than us and they got up at 6am one morning to do Stavros!! Their pics/videos were fantastic, a long day though. Perhaps one day we’ll get to do it, when we can realise our dream of spending 5 or 6 weeks in the islands without a schedule! We plan to spend one evening up in Langada.

Steve

Mentioned in this post
Aegiali
Aegiali
Amorgos, Greece
Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
1,010 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Late bus from Katapola to Aegiali?

We have always meant to do the walk along the spine of the island from Chora to Aigiali but have never quite got round to it.

Mentioned in this post
Chora
Chora
492 Reviews
Amorgos, Greece
Conwy, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Late bus from Katapola to Aegiali?

We are thinking of doing the spine walk later this month, when we are staying in Aegiali again. But all websites that describe the walk seem to start at the monastery, and access the ridge from there. We did the monastery last year, so just want to walk back from Chora to Aegiali (by taking the early bus from Aegiali to Chora). I guess we’ll need to follow the road eastward out of Chora and try and find the ridge path. Has anyone done this?

Mentioned in this post
Aegiali
Aegiali
Amorgos, Greece
Chora
Chora
492 Reviews
Amorgos, Greece
Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
1,010 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Late bus from Katapola to Aegiali?

You can cheat and do it from almost halfway between Chora and Aigiali

Mentioned in this post
Chora
Chora
492 Reviews
Amorgos, Greece
Trearddur Bay...
Level Contributor
174 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Late bus from Katapola to Aegiali?

Currently there are only two buses a day from Katapola to Aegiali at 0930 and 1630. Valid till 18th June, not sure if it changes after that.

Mentioned in this post
Katapola
Katapola
Amorgos, Greece
Aegiali
Aegiali
Amorgos, Greece
Reply to: Late bus from Katapola to Aegiali?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted