We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mykonos in September

2 posts
Mykonos in September

Some people told me that mykonos in September is closed!! Is that right? Resturants, beach clubs, fun activities??

6 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Mykonos in September

That is wrong. In early September everything is open and Mykonos is very lively.

2 posts
2. Re: Mykonos in September

Am traveling to mykonos from 1st to 9th of sep

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8,304 posts
69 reviews
3. Re: Mykonos in September

Whoever told you that Mykonos is "closed" in September obviously has never been there in September.

At the time you're going, the island will still be very busy.

East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: Mykonos in September

We have visited Mykonos during them dates and found it a good time to travel. The whole island feels more relaxed compared to July when we usually go with less people around but still with a great atmosphere. But don't go no later than mid September though as then you may find some places starting to close down for the winter

United States
Level Contributor
33 posts
5. Re: Mykonos in September

I was there a few years ago during the 3rd week of September and the island was still hopping. I may be mistaken but I recall pretty much everything still being open. GREAT time of the year to go!!

Edited: 19 July 2018, 16:05
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8,304 posts
69 reviews
6. Re: Mykonos in September

Almost everything on Mykonos is still open until the third week of September, with the exception of a handful of bars & clubs that close early in the month.

Last year, major closures didn't start until the last week of September when Cavo Paradiso, a number of bars and beach clubs, and several prominent restaurants all called it quits for the season. The pace of closures picked up during the first week of October, but the island was still bustling until mid-month.

Reply to: Mykonos in September
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted