We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paros vs. Naxos vs. Mykonos

Como, Italy
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Paros vs. Naxos vs. Mykonos

Dear all,

I'm planning the summer holidays (3rd-17th of August), but I need your help to understand which is the best location between Paros, Naxos and Mykonos.

I'm looking for:

- clean sea

- nice girls

- nightlife

Please let me know which of these islands fits best for us (2 Italian guys 33 yrs old) looking for fun. ;-)

Feel free to suggest us also different locations in the mediterranean area.

Thank you very much for your kind feedback!

Max

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,527 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paros vs. Naxos vs. Mykonos

Mykonos offers everything you're looking for, Max. At the time you're travelling, the island will be packed with people and the bars & clubs will be booming, so the nightlife will be great. There's also about two dozen major beaches you could visit during the day.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,571 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paros vs. Naxos vs. Mykonos

You sounds like Mykonos People. Also take a look at Ios. You might fit in very well with all the young party people.

Como, Italy
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paros vs. Naxos vs. Mykonos

Thanks for your kind feedback.

Which of these locations are recommended for our age (33yrs old)?

Como, Italy
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paros vs. Naxos vs. Mykonos

In August is Mykonos crowded of Italians?

Como, Italy
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paros vs. Naxos vs. Mykonos

Is Mykonos a destination for gays and lesbians only or there are also heterosexual people?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,527 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paros vs. Naxos vs. Mykonos

Yes, there are heterosexuals on Mykonos. In fact, there are more straights than gays on Mykonos.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,502 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paros vs. Naxos vs. Mykonos

There are many heterosexual people who visit Mykonos.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,527 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paros vs. Naxos vs. Mykonos

To answer your other question, there will be a lot of Italians on Mykonos in August. As well as Greeks, Australians, and many other nationalities.

Portishead, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paros vs. Naxos vs. Mykonos

Paros or Naxos is a hard decision! As they're so close together, I went to both after a few days stay in Athens.

Here's a video I made featuring both of the islands Naxos then Paros. So hopefully you and others will get a good idea.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUgCpZHQ_60

London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Paros vs. Naxos vs. Mykonos

Hi donnyb, you seem to be ab expert on the greek islands and we need help as it's all become over whelming. My daughter and I want to spend one week on Paros and the second week on Syros at the beginning of June. Naoussa sounds great but I can't find any pics on Lageri Beach and Kolumybthres Beach. We are concerned about the wind and the temperature of the water at the beginning of June and wind is what we don't want. We also don't have very much money so just clean basic clean accommodation with no telly or wifi. As for Syros I'm completely lost so far. Would really appreciate any info you might have to help us..

Thanks Victoria.

Get answers to your questions about Paros