We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset cruise & winery question

Philadelphia...
11 posts
Sunset cruise & winery question

Hi all - would appreciate your expertise.

My future wife and I are spending our honeymoon in Greece next May. We have three days in Santorini before moving on to Paros.

I know for sure we want to do the Fira-Oia hike. We're staying at Volcano View Hotel outside of Fira and will likely take a bus and hike.

Other than that and a few historical sites, we just want to visit a winery and do some sort of sunset cruise. I've read Venetsanos winery is the most beautiful - is that walkable from Volcano View? We're city people at heart so we don't mind a bit of a trek.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a sunset cruise company or itinerary?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

7 replies to this topic
perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
1. Re: Sunset cruise & winery question

from vvhotel is walkable, the santo winery and venetsanos winery. for sunset cruise you will take info from hotel or to book from any travel ofice locally. many companys offer sunset cruisses depence of your budget(private-semi private)

Philadelphia...
11 posts
2. Re: Sunset cruise & winery question

Thank you very much!

Horsham...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
3. Re: Sunset cruise & winery question

My wife and I did the semi private sunset cruise in July of this year. Ours started in Oia and ended on the southern part of the island. It was probably my fav part of the trip. It was worth spending the extra Euro for the smaller group, aprox 14 people. By the end, everyone was singing and dancing on the boat. It was cool because we started as strangers from all different parts of the world and by the end we where all friends. We even went out that same night with 3 of the couples for drinks.

Our hotel set it up and we did not book until we where there. They let us know when best day was after looking into the forecast for the week. Transportation, food, beer, and awesome white wine was included.

New York
Level Contributor
625 posts
39 reviews
4. Re: Sunset cruise & winery question

We were there last July and after alot of research opted for the sunset cruise with Santorini Sailing Dreamcatcher. They picked us up at our hotel in Perissa Beach,the ride was a little long because we were the first pickup,got to see other places around island so to me that was ok. The boat is a beautiful catamaran. Crew ,food,sights ...all amazing .They stopped at 3 sights for swimming. Conversation was great Capt. Ted is actually from New Jersey. Met fellow Americans on board as well as Russians , Dutch and a Greek couple from Athens on their honeymoon. The food was tasty and plentiful and they had an open bar with wine or beer. Having never been on a catamaran I did not know if there was a bathroom on board but there is,you just have to climb down a laddder . I pre-booked and paid ahead of time on line and had no issues. They have a video on youtube if you want to see the boat etc. Enjoy your time in Greece it is an amazing place to visit. Please ask if you have any other questions. I obsessed and researched for months for our 3 weeks traveling through different parts of Greece. .

5. Re: Sunset cruise & winery question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2017, 11:54

Philadelphia...
11 posts
6. Re: Sunset cruise & winery question

Do you remember the name of the sailing company?

New York
Level Contributor
625 posts
39 reviews
7. Re: Sunset cruise & winery question

Santorini sailing

Reply to: Sunset cruise & winery question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted