We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for upcoming wedding on Santorini summer 2018

A L
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Advice for upcoming wedding on Santorini summer 2018

Hi!

We are getting married on Santorini July 2018, having a BIG destination wedding. I have barely booked anything yet, so I need help of course.

If you guys have any advices or information, please write! :) I would love to hear about others experiences when it comes to wedding on Santorini or other islands.

I have booked "I do Cinema" for videography, they seem to be incredible and I really like working with them so far. Still looking at photography.

So this is what I need help with, and of course a bride wants the best of everything(but to a reasonable price):

- DJ/Music (!)

- A singer for ceremony (!)

- Rentals of chairs and decorations

- Flowers / wedding stylist (I have heard betty flowers and wedding wish are really good, not sure about their prices?)

- Wedding Cake

- Make up artist / Hair stylist

- Transportation companies for the guests

If you have any other suggestions or anything fun you would tell me to consider, let me know.

I appreciate all the small help I can get from you guys.

Best,

Amanda

10 replies to this topic
Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,921 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Advice for upcoming wedding on Santorini summer 2018

"I have barely booked anything yet"..............................This could be a big problem. Wedding venues are in such high demand during the summer months that you really do need to find something ASAP, as well as a wedding planner to help you through the steps involved including all the paperwork, including translations. Use the search function here in the Santorini forum and get all the information you need. You can also send private messages to anyone who has left information to ask more questions about wedding planners, venues, etc.

If you or your fiancee have been married before there is the added requirement of proof of divorce, which means more paperwork to be translated.

Edited: 16 December 2017, 19:38
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
9,849 posts
140 reviews
2. Re: Advice for upcoming wedding on Santorini summer 2018

I would suggest a wedding planner located in Santorini that can coordinate every thing for you.

A L
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Advice for upcoming wedding on Santorini summer 2018

I have a wedding venue and I have someone helping me, but as I want to hear other people's recommendation I am reaching out here. Thanks

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,921 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Advice for upcoming wedding on Santorini summer 2018

Good to know you have a venue and some help. In case you haven't already read through them, there are literally hundreds of previous postings here having to do with weddings.

Edited: 16 December 2017, 22:19
Level Contributor
9 posts
68 reviews
5. Re: Advice for upcoming wedding on Santorini summer 2018

Hello,

We are getting married at Rocabella in Santorini Summer 2019 with 50 guests.

*We have booked Wedvisions for our photography and videography. They have been excellent communicating by email so far!

*I have booked Marianna Nomikou to style our hair - she seems like such a sweetheart! Very friendly by email.

I still need to book the following;

*DJ - Haven't booked this yet, not sure where to start!

*Flowers / Decorations - Finding it hard to choose between Betty Flowers and WeddingWish, to be honest both of their work looks amazing! Does anyone know if one is cheaper than the other?

*Transportation to & from the venue for the guests

*Makeup artist hasn't been booked - Still undecided whether to do my own or not! If I do book, it will probably be with Renia Bledaki... I hear she's the best.

*Entertainment - Is plate smashing allowed does anyone know? I know we're not allowed fireworks. If anyone has any suggestions of other reception entertainment, that would be great! Thank you.

Good luck with the rest of your planning!

x

6. Re: Advice for upcoming wedding on Santorini summer 2018

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2018, 11:07

Vancouver, Canada
2 posts
7. Re: Advice for upcoming wedding on Santorini summer 2018

Hi,

I am actually looking to book a wedding in Santorini for spring/summer 2019/2020 for about the same amount of guests. We just got engaged so we are looking at our options to either have a wedding at home or abroad but I have no clue how much a wedding in Santorini would cost. I have no idea where to start looking and I don't want to come off as rude but are you able to share the price range your wedding will cost as it's for a bout approximate amount of people we are looking at as well.

thank you!

Level Contributor
9 posts
68 reviews
8. Re: Advice for upcoming wedding on Santorini summer 2018

We’re looking at around £18,000 at the moment.

Vancouver, Canada
2 posts
9. Re: Advice for upcoming wedding on Santorini summer 2018

Thank you so much for your quick reply 😊

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,973 posts
27 reviews
10. Re: Advice for upcoming wedding on Santorini summer 2018

<< We’re looking at around £18,000 at the moment.>>