We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santorini with children (3,3,10)

OH
Level Contributor
67 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Santorini with children (3,3,10)

We are visiting family in Athens in July with our 3 children (ages, 3, 3, 10) and looking to take the fast ferry to visit Santorini for 2-3 days. My sister in law and family have already said it isn't an island that caters to children so we are aware of this. Relaxing, walking around and seeing some sight is enough for us. I do not want to book any boats or anything like that. We enjoy taking photos.

I have looked at airbnb at apartments to fit a family of 5 but are there any nice hotels that allow children? Friends have told me the places they stayed were 13+.

Any suggestions on what to see while we are there? Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
4 replies to this topic
Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,547 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santorini with children (3,3,10)

There are lots of family-friendly hotels. In Oia check the Anemomilos Hotel, Laokasti Villas and Oia's Sunset Hotel. Also, you can try using the filter system at www.booking.com to search for more, based on your children's ages.

Mentioned in this post
Oia
Oia
Santorini, Greece
Anemomilos Hotel And Villas
Anemomilos Hotel And...
388 Reviews
Santorini, Greece
Laokasti Villas
Laokasti Villas
186 Reviews
Santorini, Greece
Oia's Sunset Apartments
Oia's Sunset Apartments
511 Reviews
Santorini, Greece
OH
Level Contributor
67 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santorini with children (3,3,10)

Thanks for the suggestions. Even on TripAdvisor I'm not seeing much availability so I've probably missed the boat.

I've got Akrotiri and Oia on my list of things to do along with Pyrgos and some black sand beaches. We've seen black sand beaches in New Zealand so still exciting?

Mentioned in this post
Akrotiri
Akrotiri
Santorini, Greece
Oia
Oia
Santorini, Greece
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
661 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santorini with children (3,3,10)

Please be aware: The beaches are not black sand. They are black grit which get very hot under foot so sensible beach shoes (not flip flops) are must.

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,647 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santorini with children (3,3,10)

Personally, with kids of those ages I’d be looking at the beach villages of Kamari or Perissa rather than Oia. I can’t imagine kids that age being overwhelmed by the views etc that Oia has to offer. Be aware that many hotels, other than those brotherleelove has suggested, there don’t accept children below 12 or 13 and many “pools” are just plunge pools.

Mentioned in this post
Kamari
Kamari
Santorini, Greece
Perissa
Perissa
Santorini, Greece
Oia
Oia
Santorini, Greece
Reply to: Santorini with children (3,3,10)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted