We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

greece accomodation help

Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
greece accomodation help

We are a young couple in our late 20s going to greece from 16th sep to 26th. Can anyone suggest some good budget hotels for us please. We want a very basic but clean room something like bed & breakfast. We want to stay in the lesser touristy parts. We'd like to pay more for the view than facilities. Just looking for a beautiful location and basic clean rooms.

We are going to Sifnos, Milos and Santorini...In Santorini we would like to stay in Oia...Can you please suggest something cheap with a good location and also for Sifnos and Milos?

Thank you.

Norfolk
Level Contributor
517 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: greece accomodation help

You will struggle to find a property that is cheap with a good location in Oia. I assume by a good location you mean a caldera view and you have to pay through the nose for that privilege. As for lesser touristy you will be dissapointed with Oia, when it becomes time for sunset you can't move for people and the prices for food and drink reflect that; very expensive! I suggest you try and find a property in Imerovigli; more peaceful, less manic and far more Greek. I've got no suggestions as I am a Kamari fan but I would think the forum experts could help you out! Have a great time.

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,845 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: greece accomodation help

The least expensive B&B I know of in Oia is the Delfini Hotel and breakfast is an extra charge. Also check the websites for Thea Studios, Old Oia Houses, Casa Sofia and Villa Kallisti. Most budget hotels do not offer breakfast. If you want more suggestions please state your maximum daily room budget in euro.

Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: greece accomodation help

Thank you for your suggestions...We were looking at spending 150-180 Euros per night...Happy with a Studio but would prefer a place which has a private patio for the Caldera view. A lot of places I liked are filled up. Any suggestions?

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,845 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: greece accomodation help

Check Strogili Houses, Rimida Villas, Fragkiskos Houses, Filotera Villas, Golden Sunset Villas, Fotinos Houses, Marizan Villas, Chelidonia Villas and Nostos Apartments. Because business is slow this year it may be possible to get a 10-15% discount if you ask for it by telling them when you are coming and do they have any rooms available for "X" euro/night.

5. Re: greece accomodation help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2010, 00:22