We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limited hotel availability - where to stay..

CA
Level Contributor
206 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Limited hotel availability - where to stay..

Two ladies headed to santorini for 9/2 - 9/6 price point is not really an issue but looking for around or under 550 euro per day. This is our dream trip so we are looking for luxury.. pool, spa, great view.. etc. Originally we were looking at staing in Imerovigli and felt that Oia was too far. being that it is so close, availability (according to expeda) now is:

ILLovaslima hotel

Sunna Villas

Tholos

Pegasus

Opinions on these hotels or other suggestions? Thanks!

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,832 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Limited hotel availability - where to stay..

Check Santorini Princess, Anastasis Apartments, La Maltese, On The Rocks and Ilioperato Apartments.

chatsworth, ga
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Limited hotel availability - where to stay..

I am sorry that I can't help you with these hotels. I do not know anything about them. My question is concerning your concern about Oia being too far. Are you wanting to be closer to Fira? Oia is at the farther point, but it has much more to do, and many more restuarants than Imerovigli. Are you renting a car?

CA
Level Contributor
206 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Limited hotel availability - where to stay..

We hadn't really decided yes or no on renting a car...I think we were going to decide when we got there.

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,832 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Limited hotel availability - where to stay..

During the day there is at least one bus an hour that passes by Imerovigli in both directions so unless you want the added freedom a car offers you don't really need one. But if you think you want to take advantage of Fira's nightlife be advised that walking back to a hotel in Imerovigli means an uphill walk of at least a mile, and some hotels are even further out on the main road to Oia so the walk is longer. I'm not sure what the bus schedule will be when you're there but the KTEL starts to scale back service as soon as the demand decreases. It might be necessary to take a taxi back to Imerovigli if you're out past the last bus departure.

http://www.ktel-santorini.gr

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,832 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Limited hotel availability - where to stay..

Be sure to go to your local AAA office before you leave to pick up an International Driving Permit, no test required.

6. Re: Limited hotel availability - where to stay..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2010, 02:17