We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oia or Fira?

Beirut
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Oia or Fira?

Im traveling to Santorini in June with a group of friends and I'm trying to find good hotels, Im just lost about where to stay while there. Please advice whether FIra or Oia would be better.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,201 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oia or Fira?

What does "better" mean to you?

For appropriate advice please offer more information about yourselves. What sort of environment do you require? How will you spend your time during the day vs. during the night? What is your maximum room budget per room (in Euro, please), how many rooms do you require and how many people in your 'group'?

Beirut
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Oia or Fira?

Your right I need to clarify. It's going to be my wedding and I'm trying to pick the right place for my guests - all young couples. We're staying for three nights so I want them to get the most of Santorini. They are all on a budget, so a room of 60-70 euros is what they're looking for. I will be getting married in St Irini chapel. So whether in Fira or in Oia I will need a mini bus for the entire group.

Let me know if I need to provide more details.

Thanks

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,201 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oia or Fira?

I'm going to assume that you'd prefer easy access to Fira's nightlife vs. the quieter, mellower nightlife in Oia.

Here's a list to start with, all in Fira and all for mid-June in your stated price range: http://tinyurl.com/7od749c

Beirut
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Oia or Fira?

Thanks for the reply. I checked the link and found 2 options with great reviews, Nectarios and Villa Rose. Any idea which is better?

Also, we want to experience true Greel life with a Greek night. We don't want a private dinner, we want to mingle with the people. Any recommendations?

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,201 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oia or Fira?

I don't know these hotels but from viewing the locator maps I'd go with Nectarios Villas. It's closer to the center of Fira.

If it's still open try Kyra Niki on the road to Karterados.

Edited: 04 February 2012, 11:33
Beirut
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Oia or Fira?

Thank you so much for your assistance. I researched this place and from the reviews, it seems awesome and exactly what we are looking for!

I was wondering if we need transportation to get there or if it's close to Fira. Also, when do you recommend we book?

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,201 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oia or Fira?

Nectarios Villas is in Fira, not near Fira, so if the locator maps I've seen are accurate it's very close to the main square. If you're arriving by ferry take the port bus into Fira. Walk up to the main road from the bus square, turn right and walk about 1/4 mile to your hotel. If you're arriving by plane you'll be taking a taxi to the hotel unless you have made arrangements for the hotel to pick you up.

When you book depends on when they take reservations and when you're ready to commit.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1 post
213 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oia or Fira?

hello

i just see you rcomments!

if you have a car is not a problem for you!

make a search in booking.com and read all the reviews in order to be sure!

also my advise is to comminicate with the hotel owners because i am sure they will make a better price than the prices that are online if you want to book many rooms!!

have a great time there!

Edited: 29 February 2012, 08:34
9. Re: Oia or Fira?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2013, 05:35