We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry timetables

bulli
Level Contributor
49 posts
15 reviews
Ferry timetables

We are planning on going to syros on 30 August 2018 for 5 days and then onto Paros. We are wanting to book accommodation but a little scared without knowing the timetable. Is this a daily route from Piraeus normally and if so what are the times of travel from Piraeus.

Cheers

18 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
415 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Ferry timetables

Hi,

Last year in late August we had the choice of the Blue Star Naxos or the Hellenic Seaways Nissos Mykonos. Both departed at around 0730 from Piraeus to Syros. We opted for the Hellenic as we had been on the Blue Star countless times already. The two ships are very similar, so it does not matter much. I believe that there are daily ferries each day around this time (we went on a Saturday).The ships fitted in nicely following an overnight flight to Athens. Check the Blue Star and Hellenic summer schedules when they are released.

London, United...
Level Contributor
415 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Ferry timetables

I forgot to add that if I were you, I would have no qualms booking accommodation if you wish to. You will have no problem getting from Piraeus to Syros at that time of year.

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
6,950 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Ferry timetables

Piraeus to Syros has been a daily route (Piraeus->Syros->Tinos->Mykonos) with Blue Star Ferries for many years. Leaving Piraeus at 07.30AM.

This year on Thursday at the end of August there was also the Nissos Mykonos from Hellenic Seaways at 07.35AM and a Blue Star ferry at 07.30 PM. But it will be waiting for the summer schedules to be published to see if it will be the same. Certainly with the fact that Attica Holding (mother company of Blue Star Ferries) has bought over 90% of the shares of Hellenic Seaways and thus will be the owner of both companies. So maybe some lines will be changed to avoid competition between between BSF and HS.

Edited: 12 December 2017, 07:08
London, United...
Level Contributor
415 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Ferry timetables

Apologies, when I said "last year" I meant in the late summer of this year, 2017. I am already thinking about next years trip and appear to be getting ahead of myself!

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Ferry timetables

Syros to Paros will be more of a problem than getting to Syros. There isn't a service that runs every day between the two islands at the same time, but on some days there are early morning services by ferries based on Syros that go to different places every day and there is a late night service on Blue Star sometimes. However, it's always possible to do it by going via Mykonos and changing ferries if you have to.

London, United...
Level Contributor
415 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Ferry timetables

True, Greecemad.. The Aqua Jewel and the Artemis are also options. Tuesdays and Fridays from Syros currently I believe

Edited: 12 December 2017, 07:53
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
14,069 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Ferry timetables

Piraeus > Syros is daily, the usual 07:30 time window.

Syros > Paros is daily direct, though some days like Sun it maybe preferable to change ferries on Mykonos.

bulli
Level Contributor
49 posts
15 reviews
8. Re: Ferry timetables

Would it be even easier to go to naxos first to stay and then Paros and thank you for all the advice ,just don’t want to book and find out there are no ferries for the date we need to travel

Cheers

bulli
Level Contributor
49 posts
15 reviews
9. Re: Ferry timetables

Also what about syros to Naxos are there any days that ithe ferry wouldn’t run

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: Ferry timetables

Syros to Naxos will be similar to Syros to Paros, but there may even be fewer options. Most, but not all, ferries that go from Syros to Paros continue to Naxos.

I have looked at Syros to Paros and Syros to Naxos for the first week of September this year. For Syros to Paros there was at least one ferry every day, but most days only one and the departure times vary between 07:00 and 21:25. For Syros to Naxos there was a ferry every day except Wednesday.

Reply to: Ferry timetables
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Syros
Recent Conversations