We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any update to ferry timetable

somerset uk
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
any update to ferry timetable

after finding perfect crossing to skopelos on 19 August at 3.20 p.m ive hit a problem

this is what web page has for my dates

SKIATHOS - SKOPELOS Top

CompanyDep. Arr. Stops Dur.

Hellas Speed CatSPEED CAT 110:4011:2000:40

Aegean Flying DolphinsERATO15:2015:5500:35

Aegean Flying DolphinsERATO20:0020:3500:35

Offline ferry routes

These scheduled routes are either not yet open for online booking or not bookable by this service. Please check again in a few days

been checking everyday for last fortnight but still cant book

any ideas ??

updated time table

seem to be going round in circles alittle

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any update to ferry timetable

Hey again:-) Don't know where you're looking.. and no clue what you're posting here.. makes no sense.. go to www.gtp.gr/ and check the ferry schedules.. there about half a dozen ferries on Aug 19th.. you'll be fine;-) EnjoY!

somerset uk
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any update to ferry timetable

Hi thanks for reply

im starting to think im stupid !!! done what you say about gtp web site and found perfect crossing at 3.20 p.m with flying dolphins.click on ferry route and bookings which takes you to flying dolphin site which then says no departures for this itinerary !!! only site i can seem to book with is hellenic seaways with ferry at 13.50 or hours later at 21.30. land at airport 12.45 so bit tight to get through customs and to port and dont really want to wait around till 21.30 with misses and kids :(...

dont know if im missing something why i cant book 3.20 p.m

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any update to ferry timetable

.. am getting same for the 3:20p.. why not just give them a call and find out what's going on?;-) The 1:45p Anes Line Proteus is bookable.. if you're not comfortable with that timing, then you'll just need to wait it out for the later evening ferry.. not so bad.. at least you'll get there same day;-) Enjoyin'!

somerset uk
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any update to ferry timetable

thanks Litsa really thought i was losing it !!!

did see the 1.45 but could be a little bit tight on time ???

looking like it could be long day then, as our flight out means getting up at 3.30 a.m

will try give them a call like you said

thanks again

Martin

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any update to ferry timetable

I see what you mean, unable to book your ideal ferry. I get the same result despite it being listed in timetables.

The booking engine just seems to be caput.

Maybe you will just have to buy tickets on Skiathos.

Here is the respective hydrofoil:

marinetraffic.com/en/…20ERATO

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: any update to ferry timetable

My pleasure Martin.. and no.. you're not loosing it, lol;-))

I'd personally just give them a call first.. to find out what's going on.. seeing how it's peak when you're traveling.. and looking for what appears to be at least 4 seats, I'd be looking to nail something:-) The flying dolphin holds allot of folks (nothing like the large/traditional vessels of course) but it depends on how packed it is coming from the mainland.. and although many do get off at Skiathos.. Skopelos and Alonissos are popular isles with the Greeks who vacation around this time:-) Enjoyin'!

somerset uk
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: any update to ferry timetable

thks for reply and link

thought be straight forward :(

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: any update to ferry timetable

.. well, it is somewhat:-) Again, you'll be at your paradise destination same day:-) I've arrived often enough having to overnight on occasion.. again, not a bad deal, but like you, always look to head to where I'm heading the soonest possible;-) Let us know how it goes.. keep Enjoyin'!

9. Re: any update to ferry timetable

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2016, 00:18