We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry

Durham England
Level Contributor
145 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry

Hi

Trying to look at ferry times for 23rd September from Skiathos, but not having much luck, are we too early or do they finish by then?

Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry

Hey and welcome dlcm:-) Ferry schedule changes usually occur around mid month.. keep an eye out at www.gtp.gr/ as well as www.openseas.gr/ Service most definitely exists.. after all, ferry service is needed for locals wanting to get to the mainland and back.. the ferry from Volos is year round .. on 9/23 there's Hellenic Seaways Flying Cat 5 scheduled to depart at 4:15p for Skopelos :-) Happy planning.. and EnJOY!

Darvel, United...
Level Contributor
450 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry

I have just booked a ferry crossing with Direct Ferries for 16-23rd September. No problems.

Norwich, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry

Hi all

We are travelling on 4th September for 2 weeks on our first visit to Skopelos and really looking forward to it.

The only problem we have is our return ferry. I have been trying to book the early (07:55) flying cat on 18th September for the last 2 weeks but it keeps saying 'not available'

Does this mean the ferry is full and there are no further seats?

I've emailed Hellenic Seaways twice with no reply.

I could do with knowing for certain as we will have to book the day before ferry and hotel in Skiathos if this ferry is full.

Thanks

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,799 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry

Its been mentioned, there may be a problem with the web based companies booking system, You could try calling one of the Ferry offices, either in Skiathos or Skopelos to reserve your tickets ...

5. Re: Ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2016, 00:17