We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Skopelos

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Skopelos

I'm spending 4 days, 3 nights in Skopelos town, as a side trip to my time in Skiathos mid September. Both ferry and accommodation are booked and I have a map.Can folk who are regulars tell me what not to miss whilst I'm there. I will be reliant on the bus and my legs for transport. Also what are the buses like, where do they go and how frequently please?

Thanks.

Desford, United...
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Skopelos

The buses basically run from Skopelos town across the island and then along the coast to Loutraki at the north end of the island. The timetables vary during the season but you will find timetables written on a board at the bus station. They can get crowded but you should get a seat at the time of year you are visiting. There are beaches all along the coast, personally I would get off the bus to have a look at Agnondas, Panormos and Milia. The first two are right by the road with lovely pebble beaches and tavernas. Milia is also very nice but requires a downhill walk from the bus stop. I haven't visited the beaches further north.

Within the town we just wander, get lost, and enjoy the quiet streets and lovely houses. As I am sure you are aware it is built on a steep hillside so going up can be quiet tiring but it is well worth the effort.

Have a wonderful stay, it is one of our favourite islands

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Skopelos

Hey again nursecarol:-) Did you check the link I gave you in the other post that shows the various beaches/highlights of the isle?;-) If interested, you may want to check out Aghios Yiannis which is the Church in the Mama Mia film.. easiest way to get there would be to grab a cab from Glossa:-)

You'll find the schedule.. route/stops.. on the board by the buses .. the major coastal run includes stops at Stafylos and Agnondas and continues on to other end of the isle at Loutraki.. takes about an hour! The bus also runs a short cut route bypassing both these beaches hitting the coastal run at Panormos which lies pretty much in the middle of the isle.. continuing on with stops at Adrina, Mylies, Kastani (all 3 involve down hill walks) to Neo Klima (Elios), Klima, Glossa and final stop down at Loutraki.. modern buses assuming just like in Skiathos;-) You're 3 nights.. 2 full days.. will fly by:-) EnJOY!

3. Re: First time to Skopelos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2016, 01:18