We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3-Days in Malmo

Singapore, Singapore
14 posts
3-Days in Malmo

Hi, I will be in Malmo for 3 days and planned to visit Ales Stenar Ystad, Stenshuvud National Park Kivik & Oresund Bridge. can you advise me how do I getting to these places? The public transport system is quite confuse. Not sure to buy a jojo card take bus or take train? The Oresund bridge is beautiful. Where is the best location to see? Should I take transport across the bridge to experience? Take bus or train across to Copenhagen and have a fika and come back? again which train or bus can I take to cross over? appreciate your advice. Thanks.

11 replies to this topic
Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: 3-Days in Malmo

Confusing or not...

Malmö-Ystad is super simple on the local train "Pågatåget" takes 50 minutes.

Ystad-Ales Stenar (Kåseberga) on local bus nr 322 and a short walk. Not very frequent buses!

Kåseberga-Kivik is more troublesome. First a bus to Skillinge, then another one to Simrishamn, and a third one to Kivik. Stenshuvud is quite near Kivik but you will walk some 3 kilometers from the nearest bus stop.

The bridge can be seen from Malmö almost everywhere.

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: 3-Days in Malmo

For the bridge:

Close: from the Limhamn marina (Limhamn småbåtshamn): https://goo.gl/maps/mFXvr2YpRYD2

Closer: there is a viewpoint just north of the bridge: https://goo.gl/maps/QqwT1HSKMMq

Closest: You can walk under it where leaves land: https://goo.gl/maps/GbgHXUazYdk

The view from the bridge is not that spectacular. If you want to see the pylons and the cables you need to take a bus but I doubt it's worth it. At least not if you aren't visiting Copenhagen.

Note that bus 322 only goes until August 18.

There is just a few buses every day so you need to plan the day carefully. You can buy a 24h ticket for that day for SEK 230.

Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,971 posts
88 reviews
3. Re: 3-Days in Malmo

I agree that the best view of the bridge is from the shore in Malmö. A lot better than the view from the bridge itself.

Singapore, Singapore
14 posts
4. Re: 3-Days in Malmo

Thanks. I intend to rent a car. Is it safe to park there and walk in?

Singapore, Singapore
14 posts
5. Re: 3-Days in Malmo

Thanks. the correct place that I planned to visit is Ales Stenar. Is it safe to park my rental car there? Saw some reviews it very unsafe driving there? How about parking of car? Free or chargeable? what is the charges?

Singapore, Singapore
14 posts
6. Re: 3-Days in Malmo

If I don't have a car, how can I get to the view points?

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: 3-Days in Malmo

"Hammars Parkväg" is the closest bus stop to the bridge viewpoint. Bus 4 stops there. You can walk back on the other side of the bridge and go back from bus stop "Bunkeflovägen". Or vice versa of course.

Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,971 posts
88 reviews
8. Re: 3-Days in Malmo

I can't see why driving to, or parking at, Ale stenar should be unsafe. There is a parking nearby in Kåseberga, it used to bee free but I think they've started to charge for it.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
7,570 posts
71 reviews
9. Re: 3-Days in Malmo

It´s a peaceful spot in a countryside-like environment.

Rovinj, Croatia
Level Contributor
51 posts
117 reviews
10. Re: 3-Days in Malmo

"Closest: You can walk under it where leaves land"

We would like to come to this point but using public transport.. Is it possible and can you advise us how? From Malmo to take the bus/train to Limhamn and then walk untill below the bridge (whould be some 2 km I think)?

And does the day ticket for Malmo include also Limhamn maybe? (I cannot find this info from the webpage)

Thank you for the advice

V

Reply to: 3-Days in Malmo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Malmo
Recent Conversations