We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An afternoon in Malmo

New Haven...
Level Contributor
261 posts
111 reviews
An afternoon in Malmo

Hello

We are visiting Copenhagen and would love to take the opportunity to hop over to Malmo while being so close. What would be few must see things in city center to see for an afternoon, And a local delicacy to try for dinner?

Thank you so much for your inout6!

3 replies to this topic
Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
87 reviews
1. Re: An afternoon in Malmo

I would suggest you go to Lund instead, the cathedral and the university buildings are worth it alone. And there are a lot of nice cafés as well.

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
957 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: An afternoon in Malmo

I agree with Jonas, if you don't have any special interests, there are more "standard" tourist attractions in Lund. And if you wanna splurge, Gambrinus (one of the restaurants at Grand Hotel in Lund) has a meatball dish for about $25.

Level Contributor
5 posts
133 reviews
3. Re: An afternoon in Malmo

Hi

Depends what you want to see. Can recommend to visit the oresundsbridge viewing point right next to the bridge ( take the train from Copenhagen to Malmo and jump off at first stop called hyllie) from there you take the bus (6) to limhamn where you jump off and walk the rest. Definetly worth visiting. If you are more for shopping jump skip the bus and stay at hyllie where emporia is. One of the biggest shopping centre in scandinavia. They have a good footcort but the best part is the roof. You get an amazing view over Malmo and the bridge as well

Lilla torg is also worth visiting. Nice old buildings with many restaurants/ bars

My favourite restaurant is surf shack. It's a small cozy hamburger restaurant some meters from Malmo central station in the middle of the city. Amazing hamburgers and awesome French fries!

Reply to: An afternoon in Malmo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Malmo
Recent Conversations