We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Nynashamn to Stockholm

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
usa
Level Contributor
64 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Nynashamn to Stockholm

My family of 4 will be arriving on a cruise ship for a day. How easy is it to get from port in Nynashamn to Stockholm? Public transportation, taxi??

Thanks in advance!

Stockholm, Sweden
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Nynashamn to Stockholm

You can go by train. I think there is 2 trains leaving every hour. The trainstation is rather close to the port. You can read more about public transports: http://www.sl.se/english/.

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Nynashamn to Stockholm

How many zones to Stockholm? What is the cost by train? By taxi? Is it easy to just walk up and buy a ticket? What is the cost for a three year old? We are also arriving by cruise ship and want to get to Stockholm without paying the high cost on the cruise ship. We then plan to take a tour booked in Stockholm through stockholmsightseeing.com

Any advice is aprreciated.

Stockholm, Sweden
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Nynashamn to Stockholm

I believe it is 5 zones to Stockholm from Nyn��shamn. You can buy a set of coupons at the station or a kiosk called Pressbyr��n.You could also buy a tourist card, 1 day 95 SEK, 3 days 180 SEK. Cildren under the age of 7 does not need a ticket. I think that Taxi would be more expensive but I really dont know for sure. That depends on how many people you are.

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from Nynashamn to Stockholm

Thanks! I finally heard from the Swedish tourist board and they are saying it is four zones and 60sek (About $8.00), but the train website states four zones would cost 75sek (about $10.00). Either way, it is much cheaper than what the cruise ship is charging for a ride to Stockholm by bus. The cruise ship is charging 540sek ($72.00) per adult and 270sek($39.00) per child. Plus, the train station is right next to where the boat docks.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
308 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get from Nynashamn to Stockholm

You should defiantly consider buying the 1 day / 24 hour card for SEK 95 per adult (SEK 55 for children and senior citizens).

If you but discounted coupons a trip back and forth to Nyn��shamn would be SEK 72,50 (5 coupons x 2 which is half a set of discounted coupons). Used coupons are only valid for one hour, so if you would like to go by bus, subway, tram or train in the city you would have to use more coupons. The difference in price (SEK 22,50) is very well worth the freedom of being able to hop on and off busses and subways how much you���d like during the day.

As a bonus the 1 day card allows you to travel for free on the ferry to Djurg��rden and on the museum tram from Norrmalmstorg to Djurg��rden.

What ever you do, don���t buy the non-discounted cash coupons. They are horrifically expensive.

The 1 day ticket (as well as the discounted coupons) can be bought from the cashier at the train station. It���s self explanatory.

As for the 3-year old he or she travels for free together with an adult.

Please feel free to asking more questions about your stay in Stockholm.

Best regards,

Ola

Miami Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get from Nynashamn to Stockholm

I am wondering the same thing. I too am traveling (family of 4)

via cruise ship and find the price from the cruise ship to be very expensive. We would like visit the Vasa Museum. Does anyone know how close the train is to the site or any additinal information? Thanks

Stockholm
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get from Nynashamn to Stockholm

Hi Geryann,

From the train station, take bus no. 47 towards "Waldemarsudde". It will take you to the Vasa Museum in less than 15 minutes.

Washington, D.C.
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get from Nynashamn to Stockholm

Thank you Ola, and all of you who providing us with valuable turist information.

One more thing: does Cashier accept credit cards, US dollars, or Krona only? Thank in advance.

Regards

Astar

Stockholm
Level Contributor
308 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get from Nynashamn to Stockholm

Hi Astar!

Do you mean the cashier at the train station? I believe that the cashier at the train station accepts major creditcards (at least VISA and Mastercard). To be on the safe side you might want to bring swedish krona though. US dollar will not do at the cashier.

By the way. The train from Nynasham to Stockholm is called "Pendeltag", which is swedish for communtertrain. I believe that the cashier at the pendeltag stations (execpt a few ones) accepts creditcards.

On subwaystations and busses only cash will do. However, when you get into the city you will already have your 1 day-card, so you will not have to pay anymore.

I am becoming a bit curious of how long the stay in Nynashamn is with the cruise ship. How much time do you have in Stockholm?

// Ola

Washington, D.C.
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get from Nynashamn to Stockholm

Thank you Ola again. Now I feel rich with your information and ready to make trip on my own. The ship will stay in Nynasham until 6:00 p.m. thus practically I may have half a day only. I am collecting all pieces of information to use my time extensively.

Maybe next time I can make a trip just to see Sweden, and particularly Stockholm.

Regards,

AS