We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qawra, help me find my bearings please .

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Qawra, help me find my bearings please .

Hi Guys, Staying at The White Dolphin end of Sept, beginning of Oct .

Trying to work out exactly where it is on maps from the internet but still no idea .

Any suggestions as to where I can find a street map for Qawra / Bugibba ?

I thank you in advance my wonderful knowledgable Ta friends .

Mentioned in this post
Qawra
Qawra
Island of Malta, Malta
Bugibba
Bugibba
Island of Malta, Malta
Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
5,388 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qawra, help me find my bearings please .

I don't know exactly but guess it's on the front overlooking Salina Bay - near the Qawra Palace Hotel.

The AA/Macmillian do a good map of Malta with the towns on - you see plenty on sale in newsagents/tourist shops in Malta. That particular hotel is not marked on my copy though.

If you want a copy before you go try bookshops like Waterstones.

There are small booklets with maps available from hotel receptions and the like in Malta. One called 'Events Malta' is published each month and has good maps in it.

Mentioned in this post
Qawra Palace Hotel
Qawra Palace Hotel
3,065 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qawra, help me find my bearings please .

Hi this is the same place I stay at. It is on Coast Road. Basically coming from say St Pauls Bay to Qawra follow the road and there a couple of tight bends close together as you come to a small piece of dual carriageway. White Dolphin is just before the end of it on the left.

(Don't expect a great bit of dual carriageway but you will notice the railing and parking along the centre.)

I'll see if I can find it and send it on Google Earth

Mentioned in this post
St. Paul's Bay
St. Paul's Bay
Island of Malta, Malta
Qawra
Qawra
Island of Malta, Malta
Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qawra, help me find my bearings please .

OK can't add a map on here but go to google earth or google maps and White Dolphin is

φ Latitude °N, λ Longitude °E (of Map centre):

(35.95050476659213, 14.42380428314209)

You'll see the sharp bends I told you about and on the other carriageway you will see a slip road joining from the sea. Another way to see it by reference is to pull out of the map slightly. You will be able to see the pan wall across Salina Bay follow the end of it parallel with the Coastline Hotel on the other side and presto.

If you are still struggling give me a shout and I will copy the screen and try to edit in some arrows then email it to you.

Never mind too much. It's out of the thick of Qawra but just a short walk to get into it. If you know Qawra front the White Dolphin is about 400mtrs from the Suncrest Hotel and another 200 to the Qawra Palace. Bella Vista is about just over half a mile away in the other direction.

Mentioned in this post
Qawra
Qawra
Island of Malta, Malta
Qawra Palace Hotel
Qawra Palace Hotel
3,065 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Bella Vista Hotel
Bella Vista Hotel
1,947 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qawra, help me find my bearings please .

Cheers scubapro, thats excellent, know where it is now.Thought it was on the " other " side looking towards St Pauls Bay .

Looks pretty central for restaurants, bars etc .

Thanks again mate, really appreciate your help .

Mentioned in this post
St. Paul's Bay
St. Paul's Bay
Island of Malta, Malta
5. Re: Qawra, help me find my bearings please .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 03:16