We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's there to do in the Faroes?

London
4 posts
What's there to do in the Faroes?

We are considering visiting the Faroe Islands in July for a week, it sounds beautiful but is there much to do there?

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
77 reviews
1. Re: What's there to do in the Faroes?

Scenery, walking, bird watching, boat trips.....

If you are wanting ready made entertainment then there isn't a lot to do. There are few museums and 'wet weather' activities.

BUT the glorious scenery more than makes up for this. We spent a week there and loved it. Pictures and some information is here:

…mac.com/wasleys/…index.html

I assume you have seen the Faroe Islands web sites?

www.visit-faroeislands.com/?Language=EN

http://www.faroeislands.com/

Go to this page where you can download pdfs of the tourist brochure, walking (excellent and informative), sea birds etc. It is worth emailing and asking for a copy of the brochure (although I see the web site still says 2007).

www.visit-faroeislands.com/Default.aspx…

When I was planning our trip I emailed the Tourist offices on the different islands and found they were really helpful. They answered all my questions and gave me lots of ideas.

The Bradt Travel Guide to Faroe Islands is worth getting hold of as it has lots of information. There are reasonable town maps marking places of interest and also descriptions. It also gives details of hikes.

www.bradt-travelguides.com/details.asp…

We drove, stopped, pottered, looked at the scenery, walked.....The islands were magic.

Eleanor

Amersfoort
Level Contributor
32 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: What's there to do in the Faroes?

Not really, and that's the beauty part. :-)

The Faroes have an amazing scenery, so if you're into fotography, hiking or birdwatching, it's really worth the trip. Put on your hiking boots and go!

3. Re: What's there to do in the Faroes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2010, 15:36
belfast
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: What's there to do in the Faroes?

Another question rather than a reply....does anyone know if you can see the Northern Lights from Faroes? I'll be there in October this year and really hope i will be lucky this time as i wasnt the last time i was in Iceland. thanks

5. Re: What's there to do in the Faroes?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2010, 16:30
belfast
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: What's there to do in the Faroes?

that definitely doesnt sound like a fun day out. will be staying clear of that slaughter. thanks

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
7. Re: What's there to do in the Faroes?

You might be lucky and may see the Northern Lights. However they can be very fickle... You need a really clear night well away from light pollution. Even then sightings are not guaranteed. Best displays are usually later at night.

If you are lucky and get a good display it is the most amazing sight which you will never forget.

8. Re: What's there to do in the Faroes?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 August 2010, 15:28
Fort Bragg...
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
9. Re: What's there to do in the Faroes?

Well Said! Unbelievable what happens in their "COVE".

10. Re: What's there to do in the Faroes?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 August 2010, 19:35