We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Excursion agency?

Birmingham...
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which Excursion agency?

We're currently staying at the Avanti Hotel and will be booking a few excursions. Just wondering if anyone would recommend any particular agency or whether they're all pretty much the same. Or even the flip side, are there any you would recommend we stay away from?

2 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
595 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Excursion agency?

I can recommend the treaures of troodos with thomsons fab day out in the mountains and visit to makarious tomb monastery etc we stayed at avanti we loved it.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
8,821 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Excursion agency?

Thomson will probably charge more than local agencies for near-identical trips. That Thomson trip sounds very much like what we did via a local agency.

My friend and I booked the Troodos/Omodos/Kykkos trip from an agency just up the road from the Avanti with no problems, and at a very reasonable price. The coach was decent quality and we had a very knowlegeable American guide who had lived in Cyprus a long time.

Head out of the Avanti hotel main gate, head right, past the Hellenic Bank, a little way up, cross straight over the road, and I think it's near the Colosseum restaurant.

Reply to: Which Excursion agency?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted