We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paphos hotel recommendations

Level Contributor
595 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Paphos hotel recommendations

Last yr we stayed at the avanti as good as it was this yr we would like to try somewhere else or is the avanti as good as it gets any recommendations.

17 replies to this topic
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paphos hotel recommendations

I've stayed at the Annabelle, the Almyra and the King Jason.

Would recommend all 3 to be honest.

The King Jason is my favourite, although it's situated a bit further away from the harbour area.

Leeds, west...
Level Contributor
234 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paphos hotel recommendations

How about the Alexander the Great Hotel ?

Just read the reviews !

Liverpool
Level Contributor
690 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paphos hotel recommendations

I’d recommend Alexander the Great. It really is a fantastic hotel with good food and friendly/helpful staff.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
8,791 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paphos hotel recommendations

You may find that the hotels suggested, although very good, are more expensive than the Avanti - partly because 2 of the 3 are right on the seafront.

The Avanti gives a lot of "bang for your buck". Only you can decide whether it's worth paying the extra for the hotels mentioned.

Nelson, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paphos hotel recommendations

We have stayed at both Avanti and Alexander the Great, and while ATG has a lovely view, I think after staying at the Avanti and their massive pool area and sunbathing space, you might be sorely disappointed in the sunbed area at Alexander the Great, it is very cramped in and the beds can hardly be moved at all. I dont think it is worth the extra money, we much prefer the Avanti. The other hotels on the front are a lot more money and I think its the view that you are paying for.

Leeds, west...
Level Contributor
234 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paphos hotel recommendations

One positive point about the sunbed area in the ATG, is that you can reserve them at the start of your

stay, so no rushing down with towels at " silly o'clock " !

You can change beds part way through, if you wish.

Nelson, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paphos hotel recommendations

yeah and we went down one morning to find someone else on our beds, apparently the sunbed guy had given them away, he was not very helpful when we tried to ask him to sort it out!

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
8,791 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paphos hotel recommendations

There's no rushing down for sunbeds (or reserving) at the Avanti either. We always found decent beds available at any time of day.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
912 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paphos hotel recommendations

You could try the Aquamare as it’s around the same price as the Avanti, but a bit further away from the harbour and on the seafront. We have stayed there a couple of times, the food was particularly good I remember. Since we found the Avanti we haven’t stayed anywhere else as it’s ideally located and value for money. This June we are trying the Avanti village as we are travelling with family including children, so will be a bit different.

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paphos hotel recommendations

Hi I have also been to the Aquamare hotel as well as the Avanti and agree with Robbersdog about both hotels,

I tend to recommend the Avanti more than the Aquamare ( which we really like) because of the location,

Another favourite of ours is the Kefalos Beach hotel, read the reviews to see how nice it is but it is the other side of the harbour so in a completely different area, So would make a change for you Peter.

Reply to: Paphos hotel recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Paphos