We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mayfair feedback?

Castletown
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Mayfair feedback?

Were off in just under 3 weeks for our 10 days in the sun and can't wait, does anyone have any recent feedback about the above hotel? or Paphos in general?

doncaster england
Level Contributor
347 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mayfair feedback?

yes you should enjoy yourself,

good honest hotel , pleasant staff and management should make it a lovely stay, its not without faults but theres everything to make it a memorable holiday.

go with a open mind, enjoy which i am sure you will and let us know in a few weeks how you went on.

doncaster england
Level Contributor
347 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mayfair feedback?

yes you should enjoy yourself,

good honest hotel , pleasant staff and management should make it a lovely stay, its not without faults but theres everything to make it a memorable holiday.

go with a open mind, enjoy which i am sure you will and let us know in a few weeks how you went on.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mayfair feedback?

Have you checked the reviews here grikev?

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g190384-d2921…

Castletown
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mayfair feedback?

Yep I've seen a few recently, the majority seem pretty positive, it's my first time to Cyprus so I'm just looking for as much info as I can gather, my main thoughts at the moment are

1-The touts around the harbour area

2-The rooms, all seem to be OK, would prefer a room with a decent view, have contacted the hotel, but no response?

3- To go AI or not currently HB, would not spend every waking minute in the hotel, but also would be nice if all drinks would be covered, mainly the soft drinks during the day, don't want to be spending a fortune on soft drinks during the day...

Not long to go so I'm on holiday countdown and can't wait, Cyprus here we come.... Happy days.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
doncaster england
Level Contributor
347 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mayfair feedback?

hya, with regards to room view, some are good, some bad, if your not happy they will if possible give you a different room.

would not recommend the ground floor round pool, they are in need of tlc.

touts round harbour can be a nightmare, they pounce on you and most are congregated around the large car park near the harbour.

they even tell you that they are not the usual promotions and are endorsed by the tourist board,

show any interest and they will call a taxi and take you several miles out to a hotel complex. beware!!!

go AI the price difference isnt great but bear in mind a pint of beer is 3 euro, a simple snack can cost you 5 euro , they also do a packed lunch to take out as well.

hope this helps

enjoy

Castletown
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mayfair feedback?

Thanks for the info Bobbyblade, its much appreciated. not long to go and can't wait

Castletown
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mayfair feedback?

Hi all has anybody recently returned from the Mayfair?

doncaster england
Level Contributor
347 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mayfair feedback?

yes 3 weeks since, have put a review on trip advispr!!!!!!!

9. Re: Mayfair feedback?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2011, 00:17