We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ASCOS Coral Bay Hotel

Britain
1 post
Save Topic
ASCOS Coral Bay Hotel

I am coming to Cyprus for the first time in September and staying at the ASCOS Coral Bay Hotel.

Anything I need to know and what are the must do sites?

Cumbria, England
Level Contributor
670 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ASCOS Coral Bay Hotel

Ascos Coral Beach is about a 5 to 10 min walk out of Coral Bay. It is a very nice hotel in a nice location. Are you hiring a car? If not Coral Bay has a regular bus service into Paphos which is about a 25 minute drive away. The bus service is cheap and runs from about 6am to late at night.

A car will give you much more freedom and they drive on the same side as us so driving is easy.

Must see sights:- Troodos mountains and Kykko monastery. Curium Amphiteatre and mosaics on the way to Limassol. Aphrodites rock on the way to Limassol. Limassol is about just over an hours drive from Coral Bay and has some decent shops on St Andrews Street selling leather and local goods and lace tablecloths etc.

Paphos itself and the historic castle and harbour are nice to visit late afternoon and then eat out in Paphos and then head back to Coral Bay. There are plenty of other sights to see but depends on what your interests are and who you are tarvelling with. I'm assuming that as you are going in September you don;t have kids in tow?? Lucky you!!

Anything else I can help you with, don''t hesitate to ask as I have stayed in the Coral Bay area numerous times over the past 20 years so know it fairly well.

Weston-super-Mare...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ASCOS Coral Bay Hotel

You will not be disappointed, with your choice of hotel.

The building a little dated

The restaurant for dinner is overlooking the sea, smoked glass windows, white table cloths, white leather chairs, excellent choice and variety every evening, Drinks a little limited e.g. Wine Beer or soft drinks, Can be a little busy early evening.

Management and cleaning staff are Cypriot, Bar staff east European excellent.

Look out for George at the pool bar, The best and most polite person I have ever met serving drinks at 90 degrees.

Take your own towels for the pool, as the hotel want 30 euro deposit to use their blue and white striped dated ones. (You also have to pay a deposit for a TV remote).

Would recommend hiring a car and just go and explore the Island yourself, driving on the left and the roads are good.

Evening entertainment a little hit and miss.

Hotel animation team ? If you are 18–30 or Like Butlins right up you street.

Snacks in the afternoon we found better than lunch.

Would I go back again YES.

Weather, Food, Pool, Spacious Rooms, Air Condition, Setting, Culture, out way the niggles.

3. Re: ASCOS Coral Bay Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2011, 00:17