We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sky satellite tv

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sky satellite tv

We are planning our 1st trip to Cyprus (Paphos) and staying for 4 weeks early next year. As we will be staying for so long we will be self-catering and wondered if anyone knows which UK TV channels are available with the satellite systems in apartments as we won't be going out every night?

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sky satellite tv

you would have to enquire if the apt has a 3 m dish Not all apt will have 3 m dish and usually they are a 1 m dish which you will pick up NileSat. Again you will have to enquire through the people your renting from

Kev

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sky satellite tv

I think you will have to check direct with the owners / agents as to what they supply. To receive Sky direct here a very large dish is required and the actual box and card needed can be difficult. Local terrestrial TV is obviously in Greek but CYBC2 does have English language films and Euronews in English is becoming available. Rumour says there may be more channels but when? There are other satellite offerings available which have a high English language content, mainly from USA. What cable offerings are around I do not know as I do not have a land line let alone a cable TV connection.

So plenty of choices but which one does the apartment have?

3. Re: Sky satellite tv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 19:20
Get answers to your questions about Paphos