We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife in Arinsal

1 post
1 review
Nightlife in Arinsal

Please could someone let me know what the Apres and nightlife is like in Arinsal?

We are a group of 23 - 27 year old's looking for a cheap fun ski holiday. I think we will only need a couple of lively bars and maybe a nightclub?

Also, how big is the ski area in Arinsal? We have a mixed ability group, with some serious skiers so i am worried that the area maybe too small/easy for them.

Thank you!

5 replies to this topic
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
270 posts
101 reviews
1. Re: Nightlife in Arinsal

Ive spent from time in Arinsal over the last few years, always with a mixed ability group. It is a small ski area and the better skiers with cover it quickly. There is a bus linked option to ski ordino arcalis which is a much for all, especially the experienced ones as it hosts the world free ride tour event each year.

As for nightlife, some decent bars, spa in the princesa, bowling and pool there too, which we had some great nights in bud its not a mad party town, if you are looking that, I would head towards pas de la case as the grandvalira is a considerably better ski area and much bigger.

Arinsal is quite a hilly wee town so id be careful to pick your accommodation as close to the cable car as possible, and don't store your gear at the top of the mountain as Arinsal closes if its high winds when pal or ordino can keep going.

I enjoyed my trips to arinsal, I am an ex racer and picked here to teach my wife to ski, our group always had a few really good skiers and we had fun but its no val thorens etc.

I can answer most if not all of your questions about here so feel free to ask!

Andorra la Vella...
Level Contributor
35 posts
906 reviews
2. Re: Nightlife in Arinsal

Arinsal is very lively for a small resort. There are all sorts of places great food can be had at Hunters and El Moli. Extremely lively and open late is Cisco’s there are lots of places you can drink almost indefinitely certainly as long as you can stand up. The ski area is not huge but has some quite challenging runs , I used to be a ski instructor and racer and there’s enough to interest me for a while. If the lift to Pal is open then you have a big are and this last season the combined area skied really really well as the snow was the best it had been for 6 years . Arcalis where there is no accomdation is covered on the same pass and is available by ski bus and has by far the best skiing in the Pyrenees when the free ride area is open it’s high and snow is excellent. Some really long easy runs as well for real beginers. I thing the simple SuperVerde run Is nearly 8 k . Overall Vallnord Pal Vallnord and Arinsal is smaller than GrandValira BUT it’s doesnt get so busy particularly at the weekends when GrandValira is mobbed. I think Arinsal is a good choice for a mixed group as long as you use the links to the other resorts espiecally Arcalis. You won’t get bor d with the nightlife in Arinsal it’s loads of fun and cheap very very cheap compared with the alps esp if you use the happy hours straight after skiing

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Nightlife in Arinsal

Hi guys, sorry to jump on this post. I am completely blind about where to go skiing or what to do, all I know is that I want to surprise my mrs for her birthday an take her skiing, maybe like 3 or 5 night trip. I don’t know where to fly to or where to stay, like I say I really don’t have a clue about where I can go skiing or what areas etc, any advice for a very first first timer who knows nothing about skiing would be great. We are 28 young an fit, can anyone give me any advice about what areas or travel and packages etc for skiing, as I’m researching it’s becoming more apparent that I would have to get a flight to Barcelona is that right, for Andorra? .... any help would be great as I’m looking on internet an some sites it’s over £1000 each for 3 or 5 nights I’m not sure whether this is right ?... cheers

Andorra la Vella...
Level Contributor
35 posts
906 reviews
4. Re: Nightlife in Arinsal

Chris skiing is quite an expensive holiday as you need special clothes, hiring kit etc etc. When you book the thing you can do to mitigate the cost is to chose carefully when and where you go. For example the French Alps for Apres ski is ridiculously expensive where a pint of beer can easy cost 9 plus Euros and food on the mountain tends to be poor and expensive but the snow conditions tend to be excellent. Switzerland is better than France in many ways but still relatively expensive. Really good options are Italy and Austrai where the food and drink is generally cheaper and in my view better quality, Austria depending on where you go can suffer from poor snow conditions on occasion as the resorts are lower particularly in the east . Andorra unlike the other cheaper places....French Pyrenees .... Bulgaria etc is relatively snow sure and despite having quite rapidly drifting towards the middle market has excellent skiing and a wonderful snow record. It’s certainly not as pretty as Austria and Switzerland but has a close to a snow guarantee asyou can get. Andorra in skiing terms is very very cheap for Apres Ski withfood and drink being aboutwhat you would pay in the U.K. cheaper during happy hours, you aren’t an expert so try somewhere fun and my two choices would be either Pas de La Casa which is high brash and fun on the French border in The GrandValira ski area or Arinsal where you have great night life and doesn’t get that busy. To get the best deal try the big tour operators or you can do it yourself flying to Barcelona Toulouse where toy can get the Andbus or even Carcassonne orLleida but you would need to hire a car. A really good bet on price etc would be the Hotel Pallarines in Erts just below Arinsal it’s on Trip advisor the owner will give you a lift to the slopes each day or you can get the free ski bus . It has great food an excellent bar. There are plenty of options actually in Arinsal like the Montanne and there is a newly refurbished place the Crest which is right next to the slopes. Another point is make sure you miss the U.K. school holidays eg early Jan and everything is much cheaper. Anyway hope it helps any other advice let me know and I will help you if I can

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Nightlife in Arinsal

Hi Chris.

Flights to Barcelona in January are currently £34 return from Liverpool. The problem with Andorra is 3 hour + transfer but I think it's worth it. Transfers are about £60 each return.

I have used https://andorratravelservice.com/ twice and can highly reccomend them.

Arinsal would be a great beginners choice. But Ski school generally starts on a Monday in most resorts.

Check out Travel Republic or Hotels Combined.

Ski gear- Wait for Aldi Special Buys. Last year it was end of November. I got fully kitted out (Jacket/trousers/tops gloves etc for less than £50) free online delivery.

Go for 7 days- it's cheap enough.

Reply to: Nightlife in Arinsal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Arinsal
Recent Conversations