We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel de Paris or Hotel Metropole?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
32 posts
172 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel de Paris or Hotel Metropole?

If you were choosing between these two hotels, which one would you pick? I'd be doing a sea-view room in Hotel de Paris, and a Junior Suite (not sea view) at Hotel Metropole.

Also, is arriving by helicopter fun or just tacky? Any advice is appreciated. :)

UK
Level Contributor
224 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel de Paris or Hotel Metropole?

Arriving by chopper is great and they will take you straight to your hotel as well. I would stay in the metropole.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel de Paris or Hotel Metropole?

Both are very luxury and top class

I would prefer Metropole

except if you prefer old style, traditionnal...

Metropole have a modern style I think

surrey uk
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel de Paris or Hotel Metropole?

hi, do you know how long between landing in Nice and taking off in a chopper i would need? roughly, just so i can book it, thanks x

Monaco
Level Contributor
9 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel de Paris or Hotel Metropole?

The metropole is remodelling its spa/pool area at the moment. H de P has les thermes, which is excellent. That aside, if you prefer something more contempory, go with the metropole, more traditional, the hotel de Paris.

UK
Level Contributor
224 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel de Paris or Hotel Metropole?

Choppers are available for the time you book, if you dont book they run hourly.

Check out the heli-air website for details

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
32 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel de Paris or Hotel Metropole?

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who took the time to provide feedback - given that the Metropole pool is undergoing renovations (and that the cost to use their back-up facilities is a little steep), we decided to go with the Hotel de Paris. We have made reservations at Le Louis XV for dinner and I'm working on the helicopter transfer, and my husband and I are very much looking forward to this one night of splurging in Monaco - your advice is much appreciated!

7. Re: Hotel de Paris or Hotel Metropole?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 18:42