We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salzburg to Graz

Glen Head, New York
Level Contributor
820 posts
46 reviews
Salzburg to Graz

I will be driving from Salzburg to Graz in April and I was wondering if there is any good suggested stops along the way?

Thank you,

Deborah

Best Seller
The Original Sound of Music Tour in...
2,253 Reviews
from US$52.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Schönbrunn Palace Evening: Palace...
684 Reviews
from US$111.10*
Melk Abbey and Danube Valley Day Trip...
1,204 Reviews
from US$92.40*
Vienna
Level Contributor
6,648 posts
72 reviews
1. Re: Salzburg to Graz

Go scenic route to St. Gilgen - Bad Aussee (you can stop in famous Hallstatt) and then to Tauplitz and Graz.

Glen Head, New York
Level Contributor
820 posts
46 reviews
2. Re: Salzburg to Graz

Thank you that is a great suggestion!!

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
26,682 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: Salzburg to Graz

Bottom line is that you should go through the picturesque Salzkammergut District. If you follow the route suggested above you will leave the Salzkammergut in the area of Trautenfels - Stainach - Liezen, from there you can go on to Graz using expressway A9. Be aware that a separate toll is levied for the use of Gleinalm Tunnel on A9.

Alternatively, you could drive "backroads", for instance roads B-114 and B-77 via Judenburg and Köflach, which might be more appealing than an expressway.

Glen Head, New York
Level Contributor
820 posts
46 reviews
4. Re: Salzburg to Graz

Thanks I will take note of this!

5. Re: Salzburg to Graz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2017, 00:16