We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy kids dirndle and lederhosen?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Where to buy kids dirndle and lederhosen?

I would like to bring my children 9, 6, and 2 years old home some traditional clothes. Any suggestions on shops I can look in? I am not sure if there will be plenty of shops just wandering around or only a few specialty shops I should specifically look for. Thanks for any help.

3 replies to this topic
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,516 posts
72 reviews
1. Re: Where to buy kids dirndle and lederhosen?

They are everywhere but more especially in the Salzkammergut region. You will see some very high end shops selling them in Salzburg itself although they are not worn as much there as they are in the more rural areas where they are worn on a daily basis.

Towns such as Bad Ischl have shops selling them in all sorts of styles and for all budgets. There are everyday dirndls as well as more formal versions and the price varies accordingly. Remember also that they only look right if worn complete with the correct blouse, shoes and socks----could get pricey ;)

Would they be worn in Los Angeles or are they just going to be fancy dress???

There are souvenir shops in the area around the Wolfgangsee which sell a cheaper version.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Where to buy kids dirndle and lederhosen?

Thank you for the information. The kids will wear them to church mostly.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
26,125 posts
78 reviews
3. Re: Where to buy kids dirndle and lederhosen?

i hope that you do not mind me saying that although the girls will look great in dirndls, and will get all the oohs and aahs, i dont think that the boys wearing lederhosen will attract the same sort of admiration,and they may even be mocked, so think carefully before you make them the subject of unwanted attention.

Reply to: Where to buy kids dirndle and lederhosen?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted