We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

closest train station

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
451 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
closest train station

Can someone tell me the closest train station to the Hollmann Beletage Hotel - Kollnerhofgasse 6, A-1010 Vienna? Trying to figure out which train to get from Vienna to Prague. Thanks!

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
19,053 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: closest train station

Why not having a simple snack from a supermarket? Many supermarkets sell tasty snacks, salads etc.

Oregon
Level Contributor
68 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: closest train station

We are taking the train from Prague to Vienna. The station we want is Westbahnhof. When I look at the schedule on the DB Bahn site it shows us getting off at Wien Simmering and walking to the Wien Simmering subway and taking the U3 to Westbahnhof. When I look at other train sites it shows Meidling as where we get off. I'm totally confused as to where Meidling is in conjuntion to Simmering. How does one find the subway from the train station and is either stop a good place to get off?

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Ghana, Vienna
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: closest train station

Meidling and Simmering are both stations in Vienna where the train will stop, Meidling being the end station. Both are located south and southwest of the center of town. As suggested, the best way to get to Westbahnhof is to get off the train at Simmering and switch to the U3. Just follow the signs.

Oregon
Level Contributor
68 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: closest train station

thanks for your quick response. Can you tell me which website would be the best to book the train tickets on. I've been using DB Bahn but for the trip from Prague to Vienna they don't show the cost of the tickets. Not sure which other sites to check. I think it was rail europe that was really expensive. thanks for your help

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Ghana, Vienna
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: closest train station

Don't use Rail Europe; they are ticket resellers.

Post your question in either the Prague or train forum for the best response. Alternatively, search these forums as this advice had been given many times.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
13,158 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: closest train station

Usually best to book from the train operator of the country where the journey starts.

http://www.cd.cz/en/

27. Re: closest train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2014, 02:18