We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

building works on railway staions in Vienna

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
building works on railway staions in Vienna

I am arriving at Wien Meidling station and was planning on catching the train to Stephansplatz - but I'm wondering with all the construction and the line closure near Stephansplatz whether it will all be too hard and I'd be better to catch a taxi?

Any idea the cost of a taxi for this trip?

Still can't decide if the 72hour transport card is good value - as so many attractions seem walkable from Stephansplatz

Thank you

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
17,991 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: building works on railway staions in Vienna

You can get the U6 line to Westbahnhof then change to U3 to Stephansplatz. No building work on these lines. Taxi would be about €15. I, too, would think carefully about the pass if you're staying so central.

Edited: 27 May 2012, 02:47
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: building works on railway staions in Vienna

Thank you so much- I don't think I will bother with the transport card, and that sounds fine to catch the train.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
26,500 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: building works on railway staions in Vienna

Where will you arrive from?`And by the way, only subway line U1 will be closed.

Edited: 28 May 2012, 10:30
4. Re: building works on railway staions in Vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 08:42