We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bergen vs Kabelvag aquarium

Rishon le Zion
Level Contributor
229 posts
Bergen vs Kabelvag aquarium

Which aquarium is really worth visiting -the one in Bergen or the Lofoten aquarium in Kabelvag?

Would you recommend seeing both?

Thanking you in advance for your input.

5 posts
1. Re: Bergen vs Kabelvag aquarium

If you want to get a closer view for the "Bergen Akvariet" then go to my Blog and watch out the Photos.

http://hallo-norwegen.blogspot.com

The pictures are on the startpage.

cheers Dom

Scotland
Level Contributor
85 posts
2. Re: Bergen vs Kabelvag aquarium

There are so many things to do in Bergen. I only got around to seeing the Bergen aquarium on about my 4th or 5th visit to the city, but perhaps my priorities would have been different if I had been travelling with children.

Every time in Kabelvåg I want to revisit the art gallery devoted to the work of Kaare Espolin Johnson.

As there is a combination ticket for this gallery together with the Museum and the Aquarium, you might as well spend a little time in all three.

I also recommend the culture trail walk from the Musuem.

Rishon le Zion
Level Contributor
229 posts
3. Re: Bergen vs Kabelvag aquarium

Nordsuechtig, thank you for your beautiful pictures.

Mooselet, thanks for your suggestions, too. We were planning to visit the Espolin gallery anyway. I didn't quite understand what you had in mind by mentioning 'the cultural trail walk from the (Kabelvag) museum'. Could you please elaborate on this?

There is no child in our party, but we are looking for both nature and culture. As Norway has a tight connection with all what has to do with the ocean, visiting an aquarium seems both informative and relevant to us.

Of course, there are many interesting things to do and see in Bergen, whether or not we decide to go for the aquarium.

Scotland
Level Contributor
85 posts
4. Re: Bergen vs Kabelvag aquarium

At the Museum they have a leaflet with a suggested marked walk which winds around from the museum back to the centre of Kablevåg – perhaps seemed more major to me in winter with snow on the ground! I nearly missed the direction indicator up onto a hill where there is a statue of Oistein and a marvellous view.

Regarding Bergen Aquarium, I intended to say that the major thing they have are gentoo penguins, if they are of particular interest to you, though not arctic obviously!

Rishon le Zion
Level Contributor
229 posts
5. Re: Bergen vs Kabelvag aquarium

Thank you so much for these details.

I do appreciate your help.

6. Re: Bergen vs Kabelvag aquarium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2009, 02:17