We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stamsund to Tromso

england
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
stamsund to Tromso

Hello Everyone, We (my family and I) will be staying on Stamsund (Lofoten Islands) at the end of August 2008. We will be leaving on 30th August for Tromso. What is the best way of getting there? We willbe travelling up on the 'Hurtigruten Steamer' but wondered if ther was another boat /bus option ? We want to arrive on the same day (30th). Can anyone offer advice? Thanks Sara Wilson

Mentioned in this post
Lofoten Islands
Lofoten Islands
Nordland, Norway
Tromso
Tromso
Troms, Norway
Hønefoss Norway
Level Contributor
949 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stamsund to Tromso

Then you will leave in the morning. Don't know of any, a bus with at least one transfer, I guess Narvik, might do it. website visitnorway will have links to transport.

Scotland
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: stamsund to Tromso

From Leknes or Svolvaer you could take the Narvik bus number 760 (Lofotenekspressen), but change before Narvik at Bjerkvik to bus number 800 (Nord-Norgeekspressen) for Tromso.

Total time Svolvær to Tromso about seven and a half hours. For timetables see http://www.nor-way.no

However I don't know if there is a local bus from Stamsund that would connect with this.

Mentioned in this post
Svolvaer
Svolvaer
Vagan, Norway
Tromso
Tromso
Troms, Norway
3. Re: stamsund to Tromso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 04:20