We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help / ideas

Liverpool, United...
2 posts
1 review
Need help / ideas

Hello, I’m visiting oslo in March 2019, wondering if anyone would be kind enough to advice us on what places to eat, things to do, the nightlife, tourist attractions?? Also our hotel is in the centre and the airport is quite a distance, would be helpful if anyone could tell us the best and cheapest way to get to our hotel? Thank you :))

3 replies to this topic
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
33,309 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Need help / ideas

Find the tabs at the top of the Oslo forum and look at previous questions and the top questions please. Airport page is also a good source for finding transport options to/from airport, so is the Avinor app.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo
Level Contributor
993 posts
94 reviews
2. Re: Need help / ideas

Take the NSB train from the airport to Oslo S or Nationaltheatret (whichever is closer to your hotel).

Beyond that, what are your interests? What kind of food? Re: nightlife, what age and atmosphere? It’s hard to make recommendations without knowing anything about what you’re actually looking for.

If I was planning your trip for myself, I would choose... Eat: Fiskeriet, cheap takeaway sushi from Sushi City Wok, and Sentralen Restaurant. Do: Attend a random opera in the cheap seats, Go for a walk down the Akerselva, Ice skate at Frogner Stadion. Nightlife: Try new things at one of the microbreweries (probably Crow or Schouskjelleren), or go dancing at Villa. Tourist attractions: Explore Vigelands Park, visit the Folk Museum, Viking ships, and Fram museum, Walk down Karl Johans gate, visit the National Gallery.

Oslo
Level Contributor
375 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Need help / ideas

Please tell us more about your preferences and interests.

Food: Do you like to taste something traditional Norwegian or do you prefer American/Mexican/Spanish/Italian/Asian/gourmet/junk food/something cheep?

Things to do: Are you interested in history? arcitecture? city life? sport activities?

And if you like to watch sport events: March 8-10 is the biggest winter sport happening in Norway - cross country and ski jump world cup in Holmenkollen (this year: 100.000 spectators, some of them could be too drunk, but not a problem at the ski stadium). March 21-24 is biathlon world cup. And in the end of March the Norwegian football season will start (probably not so interesting when you're coming from Liverpool, but a lot of people are going the opposite directon, so maybe it's time for a return visit).

The weather in March is pretty unpredictable. Could be +20C and -30C. But most often something in the middle, and often a lot of fog.

Reply to: Need help / ideas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted