We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overhead compartment size of flight from Oslo to Billund

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
87 posts
Overhead compartment size of flight from Oslo to Billund

Hi,

I will fly from Oslo to Billund taking SAS (Alenia ATR 72) and would like to know the size of overhead compartment. I have a camera backpack of size 59cm x 33cm x 26cm and wondering if it could be fitted into the tiny compartment. From the web of SAS, they allow 55cm x 40cm x 25cm for carry-on bagage as general and don't know whether this would be more stringent for this type of small plane. Anyone could advise your similar experience could share.

3 replies to this topic
Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
28 reviews
15 helpful votes
1. Re: Overhead compartment size of flight from Oslo to Billund

Your bag is bigger than the SAS requirements so don't be surprised if they want it to go as checked luggage.

If the plane is fully seated such bags will get gate checked. If the flight has a low load factor they do tend to be more easy going when it comes to size and number of cabin luggage.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
87 posts
2. Re: Overhead compartment size of flight from Oslo to Billund

Yes. I understand my bag is a bit bigger. I will try not to overload it and squeeze it to look smaller. If worse come to worst, the camera compartment inside my backpack could be taken out and leave the bag for gate checked.

Edited: 20 July 2018, 10:41
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
87 posts
3. Re: Overhead compartment size of flight from Oslo to Billund

I noted that the carry on baggage of this size would have to put under the chair as their overhead compartment is much smaller.

Reply to: Overhead compartment size of flight from Oslo to Billund
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted