We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Andalsnes to Alesund and from Ørskog to Geiranger

Which Oslo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aliso Viejo...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Bus from Andalsnes to Alesund and from Ørskog to Geiranger

Dear Traveler,

My sister and I will arrive at Andalsnes by train from Oslo around 7:50pm on June-6, 2012. Is there a bus to Alesund from Andalsnes after 7:50pm? I tried to find the info on fjord1.no, however, I didn't see any bus go to Alesund from Andalsnes. What is the bus company run the bus from Andalsnes to Alesund? Where can I find the bus timetable and the ticket cost? Does anyone know about the Ørskog area? Is there a bus to Geiranger from Ørskog? What is the bus timetable?

Thank you so much for helping me!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Andalsnes to Alesund and from Ørskog to Geiranger

The buses between Åndalsnes and Ålesund are operated by Nettbuss. They correspond with the train, time table and fares here:

http://www.177mr.no/?div_id=86&pag_id=86

Buses from Ålesund via Sjøholt (Ørskog) to Geiranger are operated by Fjord1, time table here: www.fjord1.no/en/default.asp…

Aliso Viejo...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Andalsnes to Alesund and from Ørskog to Geiranger

Thank you so much Iverh!!!

Seattle...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Andalsnes to Alesund and from Ørskog to Geiranger

So we are also traveling from Andalsnes to Alesund on 15.06.12. I am having difficulty finding bus routes an time table. The link above I can't seem to get to work. We are taking the train from Oslo on 14.06, spending the night and then wanted to travel first thing in the morning. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also can we just purchase the tickets once in Norway?

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
24,500 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Andalsnes to Alesund and from Ørskog to Geiranger

The links above does work

177mr.no/public_files/docs/Aalesund-Aandalsn…

Seattle...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Andalsnes to Alesund and from Ørskog to Geiranger

Thanks...that worked for me.

Taipei, Taiwan
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Andalsnes to Alesund and from Ørskog to Geiranger

The time table is for May 26 to Aug. 26. How about late in August? We plan to go from Geiranger via Andalsnes to Alesund on Aug.30 and return to Oslo on Sep.1. If the connection is impossible, we would have to skip Alesund. How about bus from Geiranger to Andalsnes? Will it runs till Aug. 30?

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
24,500 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Andalsnes to Alesund and from Ørskog to Geiranger

The timetables for later have not yet been published - but there will be buses to correspond with the trains to/from Åndalsnes.

The tourist bus route between Åndalsnes and Geiranger only runs til Aug 31st.

fjord1.no/filesystem/2012/02/turistruter2012…

Taipei, Taiwan
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from Andalsnes to Alesund and from Ørskog to Geiranger

Thank you very much. That helps a lot.

Madrid, Spain
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from Andalsnes to Alesund and from Ørskog to Geiranger

Hi everybody,

thank you so much for all the information provided, really very helpful.

Now I amsure that there is going to be a bus at Andalsnes o driving me to Aalesund :) which is really a relieve as it was not that clear from the Norwegian tourist information.

Anyway, I have also read that there is a bus from Geiranger to Andalsnes starting in May. As I am planning to take it the 2nd May I wonder if it will be a little tight. Does anybody know the prices timetables and if for sure it will be running at this date? Thank you so much!

Kind regards,

María

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
24,500 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus from Andalsnes to Alesund and from Ørskog to Geiranger

There is no bus to Åndalsnes from Geiranger in early May. The road will not be open by then. You will have to go to Ålesund and take the bus that corresponds with the trains.