We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far in advance to book Hurtigruten?

NZ
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
How far in advance to book Hurtigruten?

We are planning to travel from Bergen to Trondheim on the Hurtigruten in early June 2009. How far in advance should we book?

Mentioned in this post
Bergen
Bergen
Hordaland, Norway
Trondheim
Trondheim
Trondheim Municipality, Norway
Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
102 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far in advance to book Hurtigruten?

I'd book as soon as you know your dates. We're doing the same route in two weeks. When I called in February to book two cabins, I got the last two. There are few port to port cabins in the high season (June through August) because so many people do the entire six nights.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
7 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far in advance to book Hurtigruten?

We are going to travel in August. We booked our trip in November and we got the last U type cabin for departure on August 5!!!

NZ
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far in advance to book Hurtigruten?

Thank you for your replies. I will get our dates sorted and book as soon as I can.

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far in advance to book Hurtigruten?

Hi, we have just booked online this weekend to travel on the 6th August '08 for the trip from Trondheim to Bergen including the outside cabin and had no problems. All the best.

Mentioned in this post
Trondheim
Trondheim
Bergen
Bergen
Hordaland, Norway
Scotland
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How far in advance to book Hurtigruten?

Possibly southbound Trondheim to Bergen is more available than northbound Bergen to Trondheim, because a lot of people choose northbound during the summer so as to include the Geiranger fjord.

It also depends on which ship sails on your required date. Many people choose their dates to fit with a particular ship, and some ships are especially popular.

Mentioned in this post
Trondheim
Trondheim
Bergen
Bergen
Hordaland, Norway
6. Re: How far in advance to book Hurtigruten?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 02:17