We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bergen: Norway in a Nutshell vs Norway Active's Basic Tour

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
404 posts
96 reviews
Bergen: Norway in a Nutshell vs Norway Active's Basic Tour

Hello I have looked at two tours that are on the web. The first is Norway in a Nutshell as recommended by forummers run by Fjord Tours. The second which I found out by surfing the net - run by Norway Active's Basic Tour.

norwaynutshell.com/en/…

www.norwayactive.no/packages/basic-tour.php

Just would like to get some opinion from those who have done the tour or know anything about either tour if there is any substantive difference in the itinerary. The price is also very different. The Norway in a Nutshell costs NOK1044 while the Basic Tour costs NOK1565. The difference is quite a bit for me ask on the forum.

Just a note about us: I'm travelling with my parents who are in their early 60s, and who are definitely not adventurous at all. So if there elements in either tour which may have some element of danger or adventure, it would be most appreciated if you could highlight it.

Norway
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
123 reviews
1. Re: Bergen: Norway in a Nutshell vs Norway Active's Basic Tour

The itineraries are the same. If I were you, I'd take the Norway in a Nutshell tour, as the other tour includes a trip on a high speed RIB boat - definitely not the kind of experience your non-adventurous parents would enjoy!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
404 posts
96 reviews
2. Re: Bergen: Norway in a Nutshell vs Norway Active's Basic Tour

I see... but is the RIB ride very scary? Is that also the reason why the Norway Active's price is so much higher? It's about 550 NOK higher per person.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
404 posts
96 reviews
3. Re: Bergen: Norway in a Nutshell vs Norway Active's Basic Tour

Also, is it advisable to book the tickets beforehand or go there and book them?

Thanks!

Norway
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
123 reviews
4. Re: Bergen: Norway in a Nutshell vs Norway Active's Basic Tour

Yes, some people would consider a RIB ride scary. Here's a picture of a RIB boat to give you an idea: www.chartercruise.no/Default.aspx?tabid=3927

If you are coming to Norway between mid-May and September, I'd book a tour ahead of time.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
404 posts
96 reviews
5. Re: Bergen: Norway in a Nutshell vs Norway Active's Basic Tour

Thank you! That was good advice!

6. Re: Bergen: Norway in a Nutshell vs Norway Active's Basic Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2013, 05:24