We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for b+b/hotel which is quiet at night

Cleethorpes, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
Looking for b+b/hotel which is quiet at night

Hi, looking to visit Llandudno end of Sept/early Oct for a few days midweek. We would love to stay somewhere where we can enjoy the wonderful seaviews but we do like it to be quiet at night. We recently had a terrible stay in lovely Scarborough, spoilt by other residents coming back noisily at all hours after drinking all night and dont wish to repeat this experience. Have searched TA for hours and there are clearly some very good places to stay but our hotel in Scarborough had hundreds of superb reviews on TA so it is difficult to judge if accomadation will suit us. Is it too much to ask to be able to enjoy lovely seaviews whilst also having a peaceful base? Any suggestions based on peoples experience would be most welcome as we would love to find suitable accomadation and visit regularly for many years. Also needs to be on relatively flat area.

kind regards Kevin

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
30 reviews
22 helpful votes
1. Re: Looking for b+b/hotel which is quiet at night

I would think you would find Llandudno quieter anyway. It's a much smaller town, its population is only about a fifth of Scarborough's. I have stayed in a seafront room at the Grand and don't recollect any noise, but that was some years ago.

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
686 posts
176 reviews
118 helpful votes
2. Re: Looking for b+b/hotel which is quiet at night

I aiwys stay at Stoneleigh House guest house in St Davids Road. It isn't on the seafront, is a 5 minute walk from the prom, but is lovely & clean, excellent breakfast & is very quiet.

Level Contributor
11 posts
120 reviews
41 helpful votes
3. Re: Looking for b+b/hotel which is quiet at night

Llandudno is not a particularly large town with an over vibrant nightlife. The pubs and clubs etc tend to be on the main shopping street. I think you would be fine with a location on the prom and you would be quite unlucky to be disturbed during the night.

Cleethorpes, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Looking for b+b/hotel which is quiet at night

Thankyou all for your replies and reassurances. I'm sure it is true regarding Llandudno compared with Scarborough, but unfortunately noise seems to have followed us on holiday in recent years so it is always a concern - we did stay in the 'quiet' north bay of Scarborough which is away from the nightlife. I will have a look at Stoneleigh House thankyou as it sounds quiet based on your experience edinacloud.

Any other suggestions from experience would be welcome.

Thankyou all again for taking time to reply, much appreciated

kind regards kevin

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
686 posts
176 reviews
118 helpful votes
5. Re: Looking for b+b/hotel which is quiet at night

You are followed by noise, I always seem to have rain ! I have stayed in two other b&bs in St Davids Road, but have stayed at Stoneleigh at least eight times, in fact I will be there in a coupe of weeks time.

Cleethorpes, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
6. Re: Looking for b+b/hotel which is quiet at night

Thankyou Edinacloud, it does look rather nice. I'll take your rain if you take our noise??!!

Seriously though, we are very quiet people and all we want to do is have a quiet holiday with nice walks and nice meals - the last two I know we can have in Llandudno and hopefully we can find quiet as well. We are retired so travel off peak season and generally midweek which maybe should be quieter.

kind regards kevin

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
686 posts
176 reviews
118 helpful votes
7. Re: Looking for b+b/hotel which is quiet at night

There are lots of nice restaurants in Llandudno. Love walking along the prom in the evening after we have had dinner. Of course it is busy during the smmer months, & we find that Friday evenings are busier in te town, but it certainly isn't a rowdy place. The noisiest thing in Llandudno is the seagulls

Cleethorpes, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
8. Re: Looking for b+b/hotel which is quiet at night

Thanks for that Edinacloud, it certainly sound like our kind of place - we shall have our first visit probably early October.

kind regards Kevin

England
Level Contributor
3 posts
72 reviews
84 helpful votes
9. Re: Looking for b+b/hotel which is quiet at night

I can recommend the Cliffbury. It's not seafront, it's 5-10 min walk in a peaceful street. I stayed a few years ago now and it was immaculate. Either that or Rosaire which is in the same area. My parents are there now and said it's nice and quiet.

Cleethorpes, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
10. Re: Looking for b+b/hotel which is quiet at night

Hi Shakira78, thankyou so much for your reply. I shall have a look at both of those suggestions.

kind regards Kevin

Get answers to your questions about Llandudno
Recent Conversations