We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast near the airport

Wickford, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast near the airport

We are dropping off at the airport at 6am tomorrow. Wondered if anywhere nice nearby to stop for breakfast and then make a day of it?

6 replies to this topic
Luton, United...
Level Contributor
476 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast near the airport

Many locals swear by the H&H cafe on Eaton Green Rd, close to the back route into Luton Airport, if that's not your cup of tea then the Brache Beefeater does a buffet breakfast for a fixed price.

Alternatively you could drive to St Albans which is on the edge of the M25 on your route back to Wickford in Essex, it has many nice places to have breakfast and the Cathedral, Roman Ampitheatre and other Roman remains make a good day trip. There a Café Rouge on Holywell Hill that was once the store of Samuel Ryder of Ryder Cuo fame that has a breakfast menu I quite like.

Buckingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Buckinghamshire, Somme, Winchester
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
2,060 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast near the airport

I would go with The Brache next to the Premier Inn, close to Airport. Good Value. You can sit and relax, and plan your day. Probably best to avoid M1 and M25, as every one travelling to work. You could consider Whipsnade, or even travel up to Bletchley and visit the great museum.

https://www.bletchleypark.org.uk

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
477 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast near the airport

Where you spend the rest of the day will surely depend on where your home is; presumably you will want to go in the direction of it, not away. Or maybe not.

As traffic in the whole area is bad in the rush hour your best plan is to have a slow breakfast near the airport and get going at around 9:00. As others have said, you've got plenty of options. St Albans is 20 mins south of Luton; Whipsnade 15 mins west; Bletchley 30 mins north-west; Knebworth House 30 mins east; Hatfield House is 25 mins south-east.

luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast near the airport

H and H very good

The brache is buffet style

Also worth a mention

The Sicilian cafe

The hardware cafe

And my recent favourite” the old skool pantry” the last is the best

Cheers tony

Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
7,437 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast near the airport

Even consider Woburn Safari Park for the rest of the day!

Northamptonshire...
Destination Expert
for Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Cotswolds
Level Contributor
5,308 posts
1,585 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast near the airport

H and H is a few minutes from my mothers house and the food in general is exceptional....but the Brache gets my nod of approval everytime.

(the Hardware Cafe...that brings back memories Tony!)

Reply to: Breakfast near the airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Luton