We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One or two places

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
41 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
One or two places

We have 6 nights should we do 6 in montepulciano or 3 there and 3 in montalcino? Dont plan on siena or coastal towns, just want beautiful hilly scenery, thanks

niagara
Level Contributor
444 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One or two places

Don't see the point in dividing 6 days between 2 hill towns. No fun packing & unpacking. Recommend you stay In one and do day trips to the others. I assume you'll have a rental car?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,804 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One or two places

No need to make a move...they are only 25 miles from one another. I personally like Montepulciano as a base....make sure you get to Pienza and have lunch in lovely, little Montichiello. A visit to Sant' Antimo Abbaye to listen to the monks chant their prayers.

Mentioned in this post
Montepulciano
Montepulciano
Province of Siena, Italy
Pienza
Pienza
Province of Siena, Italy
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
41 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One or two places

Thanks, good suggestions. I think we will stay in Montepulciano. Meuble Ricci sounds wonderful.

Mentioned in this post
Montepulciano
Montepulciano
Province of Siena, Italy
Cannes, France
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: One or two places

:)

5. Re: One or two places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2014, 00:16