No, but the SNAV hydrofoil from Naples to Milazzo, calling at Stromboli, runs only between June and early September. At your time of year, you only have the Siremar boat at 20:00 hrs on TUESDAY (e.g. 26/9/17) and FRIDAY, arriving in Stromboli at 06:00 hrs the following day, and you certainly can download the 2017 timetable from their website (see p. 4): siremar.it/linee-e-orari/… and click on "download".
That doesn't necessarily mean you can book yet, in fact I wouldn't look for that until May at the earliest.Edited: 15 January 2017, 17:41
Welcome to Sicily ksedgwick1!
By late September, the SNAV and Alilauro services discontinue.
The SNAV service ends on 9 September.
And the Alilauro service ends on 11 September.
VagabondaEdited: 15 January 2017, 18:08
Thank you - that just the information I need! :)
Prego e buon viaggio ksedgwick1!
Hello vagabona, I plan to go from Napoli to Stromboli between 14/9 to 18/9, does it mean I can only have the service by Siremar? How reliable is their overnight return service from Stromboli back to Naples in September? Could it be cancelled or delayed because I have to catch a flight ine the afternoon after arriving in the morning. Is weather in September reliable that ferries is not likely to be cancelled due to weather?
Welcome to Sicily raymond631!
Yes Siremar is your only option during that period.
SNAV will discontinue service on 9 September, and Alilauro on 11 September.
It's generally recommended not to do a crossing on the day of a flight.
Weather has been unpredictable, and though ferries are more stable than hydrofoils, there are never any guarantees that the service wouldn't cancel.
Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately I have booked my flight without knowing that the service ofSNAV and Alilauro will end so early. I might have to take the risk to o take the Siremar ferry to return on 18/9, arriving on 19/9 a Napoli to take our flight leaving at around 3pm, hoping that the ferry will not be cancelled on 18/9 due to weather.
It's not typical for ferries to cancel, but they could.
Fingers crossed for good weather and calm seas!
The other alternative for me is to take the ferry on Tuesday, arriving Wednesday morning and take the ferry back on Thursday evening. But I will only have 2 days in Stromboli, and it means I have to go up the volcano in Stromboli the day when I arrive later that day. I know that there are guided walk to go near the crater departing in the afternoon and return in the evening. Is this true?
Also consider activity on the volcano, so there are never guarantees with treks as well.
You might ferry or hydrofoil to Milazzo, take the direct shuttle to the airport in Catania, and fly a low-cost airline to Naples.