We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stromboli Volcano eruption

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
11 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Stromboli Volcano eruption

Hello,

Is Stromboli volcano now erupting ? I could not understand from the webcams available online. I am coming in last week of this month. Is there some prediction or website which shows when it could erupt or any eruption cycle mentioned ? Accordingly I would decide if I would visit the island.

thank you in advance,

3 replies to this topic
Milazzo, Italy
Level Contributor
274 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Stromboli Volcano eruption

traveller_Schmidt,

I can't tell you how much you can see from the top, but from a ship looking up ... at the moment there isn't anything to see in terms of eruptions. That said, Stromboli is truely an amazing and unique Island and is always fascinating. The state of the volcano changes with time.

Ciao

Cristian

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stromboli Volcano eruption

We walked up Stromboli Volcano on 19th April 2017 and saw 3 or 4 eruptions during the hour that we were at the top. I'm not sure if it's possible to predict the activity in advance as we couldn't predict when something would happen even with a camera poised at the ready. We missed a couple of good spurts of sparks because the digital camera took a couple of seconds to work.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
103,628 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stromboli Volcano eruption

Stromboli is always somewhat active.

http://www.ct.ingv.it/it/webcam-eolie.html

Vagabonda

Reply to: Stromboli Volcano eruption
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted