We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a ferry Naples to Stromboli on 6 October

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a ferry Naples to Stromboli on 6 October

3 of us are wanting to visit the Aeolian islands, in particular Stromboli. We have 4 days free in our itinerary to do it. Thinking we can train it to Naples & on 6 Oct catch a ferry Naples to Stromboli? I thought there would be a ferry on 6 or 7 Oct...

Is there a way we can achieve a Stromboli visit. We've got to be in Catania by lunch time Oct 10.

11 replies to this topic
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
103,677 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a ferry Naples to Stromboli on 6 October

Train it to Naples from where?

Milazzo is the preferred port for the Aeolians.

6 October is a Friday.

Siremar runs ferry service from Naples to the Aeolians on Tuesdays and Fridays in October (page 17).

siremar.it/linee-e-orari/…

Vagabonda

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a ferry Naples to Stromboli on 6 October

Thank you will look at that. We'll be travelling to Naples from Rome. We are also considering as an alternative, travelling from Rome to Milazzo, then to Stromboli. ????

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
103,677 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a ferry Naples to Stromboli on 6 October

If you're planning to see Naples, then your plan is acceptable from Naples to Stromboli.

If you don't intend time in Naples, then fly from Rome to Catania. Catania is the preferred airport for the Aeolinas.

Then take this combined bus service from Aeroporto Catania to Milazzo's port via Messina.

http://www.giuntabustrasporti.com/orari.html

Or consider one of the very convenient direct shuttle services from the airport to the port.

clarissaviaggi.com/product-page/catania-airp…

Vagabonda

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a ferry Naples to Stromboli on 6 October

Thank you for the advice, we/re looking forward to our time on the islands.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
103,677 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there a ferry Naples to Stromboli on 6 October

Prego e buon viaggio Sharon Y!

Vagabonda

Amesbury, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there a ferry Naples to Stromboli on 6 October

Yes, there is the overnight ferry Friday 6 October 2017. I am taking it as I am staying on Stromboli for. A Month.

To return to Naples, the only ship back would be on the Monday night boat. You would have all Saturday, Sunday and Monday on the island. The return ship to Naples arrives at 8:30 pm. The hydrofoil boats operate from October to May Milazzo-Stromboli.. May to end September they operate to/fro Naples. I believe the sea can be too rough for hydrofoils Stromboli to Naples during winter months but Ok operating in between the aeolian islands as the waters are more protected from the weather. No need to book in advance for October sailings from Naples. If you have any other questions, I would be happy to answer. I know the island fairly well. Was there a couple of weeks ago...and used to live on it in the 1960s before electricity, running water and cars and a port!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
103,677 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there a ferry Naples to Stromboli on 6 October

Service from Naples to Stromboli runs on Tuesdays and Fridays, and service from Stromboli to Naples runs on Mondays and Thursdays.

Milazzo is the preferred port with hydrofoil service as well.

Vagabonda

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there a ferry Naples to Stromboli on 6 October

newjphnfaithmack2016

What site did you use to make your reservation for October? As far as I can see the Siremar schedule goes only until 30 September and the schedule I downloaded shows only 2 pages. What am I missing? Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
103,677 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Is there a ferry Naples to Stromboli on 6 October

Hi luckyduck52,

Yes, the Caronte website has changed, and you're correct about schedules visible for viewing at the moment.

The older website had schedules into the end of the year.

Vagabonda

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Is there a ferry Naples to Stromboli on 6 October

grazie Vagabonda.

Is it too early to make a reservation for October travel on a Tuesday for the overnight Siremar from Naples to Salina?

Reply to: Is there a ferry Naples to Stromboli on 6 October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted