We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No car in Vico, will we be sorry?

Emerald Isle, North...
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
No car in Vico, will we be sorry?

We have reserved a car for our two week stay in Italy. Our first four nights we will be staying in Vico Equense at an Air B& B. It has a designated parking place. We plan in one day in Pompei and one do on the Isle of Capri and one more leisurely day. I am beginning to get the sense that driving around will be very challenging. I know we can take the train to Sorrento and Pompei, but will we be sorry not to have the flexibility of having our own car during the down times? What about getting to restaurants and such? Our trip is planned for the end of September.

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
2,413 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No car in Vico, will we be sorry?

Vico is a typical tiny Southern-Italian town, getting around isn't difficult without a car. There's bus service of course ( eavsrl.it/web/…20viceversa.pdf ) and Vico itself is perfectly walkable.

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,748 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No car in Vico, will we be sorry?

I think it depends on where your B&B is located. If you're in the heart of Vico I agree, a car would be unnecessary. There are further out sections of the town, however, that would be inconvenient on foot (due more to elevation change than distance, which is only about a mile and a half).

3. Re: No car in Vico, will we be sorry?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2018, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Vico Equense
More Vico Equense Topics