We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vico equense to bomerano

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
vico equense to bomerano

Four of us will be in Vico Equense in July and hope to hike the Path of the Gods from Bomerano to Nocelle. I know that we could get to Bomerano by taking the train to Sorrento and then a bus to Amalfi and then a local bus up to the trailhead in Bomerano, but I am wondering if there might be a faster or easier way from Vico. Is there a local bus from Vico Equense or from Castellemare that goes up SS366? Or is there a cab company in Vico that would do that sort of trip on SS366? If so, do you have any idea as to the cost (for just one way since we would take public transport back to Vico from Nocelle via Positano). A limo isn't in our budget and we don't need a luxurious ride.

8 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
14,211 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vico equense to bomerano

You could take the train to Castellammare di Stabia and get the bus from there to Agerola.

Bus schedule here: sitasudtrasporti.it/archivio/…0

Edited: 29 March 2016, 08:36
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vico equense to bomerano

Thank you elstravels for your reply. Your suggestion appears to be much shorter than the alternative through Sorrento and Amalfi. Do you happen to know how long a walk either of the Castellammare di Stabia bus stations/stops (v. le Europe and Terme) are to the closest Circumvesuviana train station (and which train station that would be)? Or is it possible to catch the bus at any stop along the bus's route?

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
14,211 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vico equense to bomerano

You don't want Terme, there used to be a Circumvesuviana station there but it's been closed for a long time.

I think that the Via Nocera Circumvesuviana station would be closest to Viale Europa but I'm not sure exactly where the bus stop is. There is an EAV bus stop on Viale Europa around the corner from the Via Nocera station (two-tenths of a mile walk) so if they share the stop that would be easiest.

Hopefully someone with more specific knowledge of the bus stops in Castellammare will fill us in, but in the meantime I sent an e-mail to SITA (but I'm not holding my breath expecting an answer).

Edited: 29 March 2016, 13:34
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vico equense to bomerano

elstravels: Thank you again: you have gone above and beyond. The helpfulness, knowledge, and clarity that you display are the characteristics that make this community so beneficial!

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
14,211 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vico equense to bomerano

I don't know whether to laugh or scream. I did hear back from SITA ... the e-mail is in Chinese. I tried using google translate but it didn't work (other than to identify the original language).

Edited: 31 March 2016, 07:50
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vico equense to bomerano

I'm laughing! Too funny.

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: vico equense to bomerano

I am looking to do this as well.

Any estimates on how much a cab would cost to take us to the trail head in Bomerano?

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: vico equense to bomerano

A rather late update on our trip to Bomerano. We ended up paying for a cab that picked us up at Hotel Mary in Vico Equense at 8:15 am. We travelled via Castellamare and were in Bomerano by 9:00 am, just in time to hear the church bells ring. The four of us shared the cab fare which was 80 euros.

The alternative was to walk to the train station (12 minutes), and then take the train to Castellamare, then walk to the bus stop, wait, and then have a long bus journey. This was the only time in three weeks in Italy that we took a taxi, but it was well worth it. We beat the heat and the crowds on the Path of the Gods which would not have happened if we had taken the bus from either Sorrento/Amalfi or from Castellamare.

Reply to: vico equense to bomerano
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vico Equense
More Vico Equense Topics